Logo by jwm-art - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 11:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: infinite wow  (Read 877 times)
Description: wow
pleasuretek
Forums Freshman

« on: April 30, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »

Hello fractal friends, I am 30 years old and have been rendering fractals for about ~6 years. I am mostly quiet, I do what I do in daily life and search for inspiration to do better. I have rendered many fractal animations that I previously took to parties, festivals, raves, etc.... that I would 'VJ' with on the projectors. That was a fun iteration of my life, and now that I have slowed down a bit, I would like to share some of my findings with the community.

I am currently inspired to render some fractal findings at print resolution, and have them printed on fine art paper. I have never printed fractals on paper and will be seeing my first test print later this week. If anyone has experience to share on making sure the colors are vibrant, or any hicups you have encountered in the print process.

I would also like to extend infinite gratitude to all the software developers that make seeing these possible. Thank you for being giants and letting me take the ride of a lifetime.
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »

Welcome pleasuretek, 

I'm new as well but I really feel at home here with all these different people with a fractal passion.
It's a great place to learn and enjoy the beauty of all those artworks from the members on this forum.

We have printed some fractals on canvas and I must say that it looks good.  Some printshops have some problems to get the colours right but if you find a good one it's really a nice thing to do.  Also printing on metal can be very beautiful as well as in glass. At least that's my experience.  A friend of mine would start to market it with a photography/printing shop but due to the crisis they have 'posponed' it.  Maybe later. smiley
Hope you will succeed with your dream.

grtz
Caleidoscope

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
pleasuretek
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:57:12 PM »

Printing fractals on glass sounds really amazing. I have yet to see that with my own eyes. 

I have found one local print shop who I will be seeing my first printed fractals later this week. I sent two (opposing spectrums) renders to the shop to get printed at 20x24 inches, on molab luster paper. I will judge for myself when I see the physical return. I am very excited to see my first printed fractals, and if everything goes as planned, I have a 40x50 already rendered and ready to send to print.. I am very excited to see how it all plays out.
Caleidoscope
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »

Let us know how things work out.  And indeed it looks very beautiful on glass.  You can have it  3d- laser printed inside the glass or even as 3d-object the problem is that it is very expensive. I've seen one printed on aluminium quite big and that was amazing but cost about 1000,- euro    To print it on cloth like the shop clothing doesn't cost so much.
Nice presents indeed if you don't know what to give someone on his birthday wink

Well good luck and I'm curious how your project will evolve.

grtz
Caleidoscope

"Today you create the memory for tomorrow, be sure to make it a good one"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: