Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: trouble with FRACTALFORUMS videos  (Read 209 times)
Description: chrome stop working
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« on: April 26, 2014, 08:47:44 AM »

Now certains videos posted on FRACTALFORUMS like "Twistor" by Jehovajah and a few videos with 1hour length can make GOOGLE CHROME to become unresponsive with error "Plugin unknown unactive/ Do you want stop this plugin? (Yes/No)", but CHROME freeze forever and I must to close GOOGLE CHROME using WINDOWS TASK MANAGER to kill CHROME process.
Please Help!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 08:49:34 AM by hgjf2 » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »

Now certains videos posted on FRACTALFORUMS like "Twistor" by Jehovajah and a few videos with 1hour length can make GOOGLE CHROME to become unresponsive with error "Plugin unknown unactive/ Do you want stop this plugin? (Yes/No)", but CHROME freeze forever and I must to close GOOGLE CHROME using WINDOWS TASK MANAGER to kill CHROME process.
Please Help!

Hate to keep saying this every time you make this complaint - but the problem must be on your end.

There is NO WAY an embedded video merely being there can crash a browser unless you are either using an outdated version of the player or it is somehow set to start playing immediately instead of the default mode of waiting for you to hit the play button - thus causing every video on a page to start playing at once  (which is extremely bad and could crash any browser).

This MUST be a problem with your settings and I suggest you try to either update them, or report this to google   police

There is nothing we can do, and you are the only one experiencing this, so while I wish we could help...  we can't.

I suggest finding out if chrome supports No-Script as a plugin and use that to load videos as desired rather than however chrome decides to do it.

Either that or change browsers and see if the problem persists  (if it does, then it could well be a memory issue on your computer).

Good luck getting it sorted out.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »

i am sorry hgjf2, it really seems that your computer is lacking some performance/memory, you can try to switch the videos to a lower resolution, an average 10 minute long full hd video is roughly 500 megabytes in size, which basically (not really, in fact they are buffered on harddisk ) needs to fit in memory, it might as well simple as that your temporary windows folder is full, check your c: harddisk, and make sure that at least 1 gig of space is available!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »

I don't want this to appear as if people are ganging up on the original poster but I am using Chrome and I do not and have never experienced problems browsing the FractalForums site on my system - a Hewlett Packard G70 laptop with 3gb ram.

Hoping you get your problems sorted out.

Simon

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »

Hate to keep saying this every time you make this complaint - but the problem must be on your end.

not necessarily. I stopped watching videos directly in ff long time ago, because of frequent traffic problems.

So my advice: switch to original youtube- or vimeo-site to watch without problems (click lower right on video)

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »

not necessarily. I stopped watching videos directly in ff long time ago, because of frequent traffic problems.

So my advice: switch to original youtube- or vimeo-site to watch without problems (click lower right on video)

Now that's (almost) good news!

Of the many times this has been reported by hgjf2, this is the first time we have gotten confirmation from somebody else that it is real   police

I am glad that it's not just one person, but at the same time sorry that it's happening at all   cry

If watching on the home site works better, great.  I personally make a habit of downloading any youtube things I want to watch without the waiting for it to buffer so I can view it offline  (many free browser extensions exist to do this)  (I also delete it once watched if it is copyrighted material!). 

Thanks for the confirmation and let's hope that one day these problems will be a thing of the past.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: