Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 07:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to make an Animation  (Read 2081 times)
Description: How do i actually connect all the tiles to make an animation please
captainplanet
Forums Newbie

« on: April 01, 2014, 11:56:27 PM »

Hi
Just got mandle bulb 3d the other week , i have got to grips with it really quickly , have previewed the animations , but when i render the main animation , i get loads of individual pictures.
I understand that i have to connect all the tiles to make the animation itself. i have Sony vegas pro and gimp , is that what i need .
If someone could guide me through the process , id be really gratefull
Thanks
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Sony Vegas is a fine program and should do just fine.

I never used it, but I would lay odds that if you open it, make a new file, and then find the "Import" command  (usually in the "file" menu) there will be an option for "Image Sequence"

Choose that, then select the first image in the sequence.  It may present an option to import the single image or the entire sequence - if so, choose the sequence.

That should be all.  Just check your project's settings and play with things like frame rate and such to get it where you like  (NTSC uses a 29.9 frames per second as standard, but the web accepts almost any frame rate).

Then prepare yourself to learn all about codecs and file formats.  An uncompressed avi file that runs 30 seconds can be in the gigabytes.  Proper compression can drop that by orders of magnitude.

I suggest the H-264 or xvid codecs and an mp4 format to get started for web use.

Good luck with it and be sure to post your results here   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
captainplanet
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:58:59 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Sony Vegas is a fine program and should do just fine.

I never used it, but I would lay odds that if you open it, make a new file, and then find the "Import" command  (usually in the "file" menu) there will be an option for "Image Sequence"

Choose that, then select the first image in the sequence.  It may present an option to import the single image or the entire sequence - if so, choose the sequence.

That should be all.  Just check your project's settings and play with things like frame rate and such to get it where you like  (NTSC uses a 29.9 frames per second as standard, but the web accepts almost any frame rate).

Then prepare yourself to learn all about codecs and file formats.  An uncompressed avi file that runs 30 seconds can be in the gigabytes.  Proper compression can drop that by orders of magnitude.

I suggest the H-264 or xvid codecs and an mp4 format to get started for web use.

Good luck with it and be sure to post your results here   afro

Thanks mate , cracked it in Vegas already , yay  cheesy

Thanks for the additional advice too , thats really great .

Just so others who stumble onto this link for answers , heres the process

1)From the File menu, choose Import, and then choose Media from the submenu. The Import Media dialog box is displayed.

2)Choose the folder where the file you want to open is stored:

3)Choose a drive and folder from the Look in drop-down list.

4)Choose a folder from the Recent drop-down list to quickly select a folder from which you have previously opened files.

5)Select a file in the browse window or type a name in the File name box. Detailed information about the selected file appears at the bottom of the dialog box.

To limit the files displayed in the dialog, choose a file type from the Files of Type drop-down list or enter *. and an extension in the File name box. For example, enter *.wav to display all wave files in the current folder, or enter *guitar*.wav to display all wave files that have the word guitar in the file name.

Notes:

If you select an image from a still-image sequence, you can select the Open still-image sequence check box to import all images in the sequence as a single entry in the Project Media window. In the Range box, enter the number of the last image you want to open. For example, if you'd selected AnimationOne_00001.tga in step 3, you could enter 120 in this box to create a new Project Media entry using AnimationOne_00001.tga to AnimationOne_00120.tga.

If you want to use RAW camera files in your project, the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack will allow you to view RAW camera files and add them to the timeline. For more information, see http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26829.

Click Open.

The file is added to the Project Media window.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: