Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: We will never know the real answers.  (Read 1163 times)
Description: My theories about the infinity part of fractals fractal.
Roquen
Iterator

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »

Well Infinity is the tip of the iceberg.  Real numbers: pure abstraction.  But wait abstraction is pretty much the whole point of the exercise(s) isn't it.

All code submitted by me is in the public domain. (http://unlicense.org/)
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »

That video is a good start - it contains three different letters, two different words and a true sentence.
But S, I and X ought to be amongst the easiest to find in the M-Set. It's absolutely littered with those.
Letters like F or Q or R should be a bit harder to find.

Though what I saw was most definitely a still image.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »

That video is a good start - it contains three different letters, two different words and a true sentence.
But S, I and X ought to be amongst the easiest to find in the M-Set. It's absolutely littered with those.
Letters like F or Q or R should be a bit harder to find.

Though what I saw was most definitely a still image.
So let's collaborate and create the alphabet then!!
Wouldn't it cool to be able to write your name in Mandelbrot letters?
http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbrot-and-julia-set/mandelbrot-alphabet/

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
laser blaster
Iterator

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »

Hmm, I'm not quite sure if it would even be possible to find a well-defined F, Q, or R in the mandelbrot set. I say that because it seems like virtually every shape in the Mandelbrot set exhibits some sort of radial or spirally symmetry. And F, Q, and R are not radially symmetric. But I'm just speculating.
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »

That's kinda the challenge.
The less symmetric the letter, the harder it would be.
Though what I remember, and the longer this discussion is going, the more it looks like I remember wrong, was just a bunch of square cutouts from a Mandelbrot Zoom, spelling out FRACTAL FORUMS.
No whole sentences.
Of those, if I had to guess, R would be the hardest to find. C, L, S, U should be really easy. T and A are at least bilaterally symmetric. They seem doable.

Going for a full alphabet would be interesting too.
It would certainly put the claim that the M-Set contains pretty much all shapes to the test.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »

But if you are allowed to clip the view where you want, maybe it is possible to create also asymmetrical letter...

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »

I read most of the posts. I think I can change the way i think about fractals. Some of the answers were actually very simple but i didnt think about the fact that there are several kinds of fractals with different properties.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »

Glad you came back to this thread   afro

I was worried we scared you off...   nasty teeth

It is only natural for our points of view and opinions to change  as we learn and experience more stuffs.

Change is, after all, the basic process of all life   educated

Just look at how we sidetracked it it into talk of finding the alphabet in The Mandelbrot Set!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 03:01:19 PM »

Glad you came back to this thread   afro

I was worried we scared you off...   nasty teeth

It is only natural for our points of view and opinions to change  as we learn and experience more stuffs.

Change is, after all, the basic process of all life   educated

Just look at how we sidetracked it it into talk of finding the alphabet in The Mandelbrot Set!

It is always funny to see people change subject, it could give other people other ideas to solve things.

This was my first real post so I didnt expect so many replies. And I was actually scared of the long posts.

Btw the the letters in the mandelbrot could actually be a nice example in one of my other posts, maybe im going to change that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:04:02 PM by Toofgib » Logged

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: