Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 11:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal/Electronica collaboration with music student from Guildhall, London  (Read 2136 times)
Description: Mimicry of natural organisms accompanied by intertwining sounds and beats
Somatic Waves
Forums Newbie

« on: March 12, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »

Hello there everyone,

I am contacting you all to inquire about a possible visual/audio collaboration. I study Electronic music at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London and am looking for visuals to accompany a 20 minute piece I will be making over the coming months. There are no set in stone ideas for the music itself at the moment although it will no doubt have a feel similar to the music of Aphex Twin and Venetian Snares, if you have heard of them, but with an original ongoing theme that alternates between chaotic and ambient and constantly intermeshes with the visuals.

I have always been interested in many of the IFS fractals on Youtube and guessed that some of the videos are a result of tweaking fundamental parameters through time to achieve these amazing morphing landscapes. When watching many of these videos the idea of ‘living systems’ is conjured as I often pick out distinct mimicry of the natural world in some of the shapes achieved (such as shells, coral, Algae, Bracket Fungi, Honeycomb structures etc.) Following on from this idea I wonder how possible it would be to create a sort of narrative from start to finish with the fractals imitating shapes of ever more complex lifeforms. This is just one idea for the project however and more are welcomed.

So if you would be interested on collaborating for this project do get back to me with some thoughts, here is a link to my Soundcloud to give you an idea as to what music I make (quite varying in style from track to track, the tunes labelled under IDM/Electronica are the genres I think most suit this project). My email address is somaticwaves@gmail.com.

Along with my Soundcloud link there is also a Fractal video by Jérémie Brunet to showcase the sort of visuals I am looking for.

https://soundcloud.com/somatic-waves

Best regards - Liam

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S530Vwa33G0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/S530Vwa33G0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »

Wow! But this topic seem to be in wrong chapter. I'm glad why it is not put at "Movies Showcase". This presentation is cool.
 A peacock Cantor Dance
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: