Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: next will be Mandelbulber 2.0 with Qt interface  (Read 17932 times)
element90
Strange Attractor

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »

Only way to attach it would be to include full source for libpng,

There should be no need to use libpng at all. PNG files can be saved directly from a QImage object, JPEG can also be saved in the same way.

Elelemt90 Fractals blog www.element90.wordpress.com
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »

Update: attached a Windows screenshot!

At first view looks ok. Even better than on my computer, because of some unknown reason it doesn't display icons (arrows) inside buttons. Possibly I'm doing something wrong with icons.qrc. Is there needed to compile this resource file?

Other thing: could you check what happens if you click on "Light sources" / "Color" button. Should appear color selector window. I'm asking because it is not form standard Qt lib, but from KDE Widgets.
Next thing: What happens if you click on "Render button"? Should be rendered some colored pattern (just for testing).

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »

There should be no need to use libpng at all. PNG files can be saved directly from a QImage object, JPEG can also be saved in the same way.

As I mentioned before one reason to not use PNG from QImage object is that there is not possible to write image line by line (needed for tile rendering to save memory usage). Next thing is that QImage doesn't support images in 16-bit per channel formats. (RGBA64 16-16-16-16). However I'm taking into consideration to use QImage to save JPG images. I found that it can use existing memory buffer (not needed to generate additional for QObject) so it should not be memory expensive.

Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »

I will try to use JPEG from Qt. About libpng I shouldn't attach any binaries (libraries) to the source. They are system specific. Only way to attach it would be to include full source for libpng, but it will make more troubles. I'm Linux user, so I always have all needed libraries in the system. I have no idea how it looks like in MS VC++.

You should certainly not attach binaries to the source. What I would do, would be to include the source code for libpng - it is quite small, and easy to compile.

personally im always annoyed at projects that include the full source of common libraries into their own source   police

What is the alternative? That people need to hunt down the source, perhaps getting an incompatible version, and then compiling it? These libraries are not standard libraries on Windows.

By the way, do you want to have commit access to SVN repository?

Well, it might be easier, but I don't know how much time I'll have for it. Anyways, my gmail account is mikaelhc@gmail.com.

At first view looks ok. Even better than on my computer, because of some unknown reason it doesn't display icons (arrows) inside buttons. Possibly I'm doing something wrong with icons.qrc. Is there needed to compile this resource file?

The proper way to use Qt is to run the following tools when building:
- moc: should be called on all header files with a Q_OBJECT macro. Produces a 'moc_filename.cpp' file, that must be added to the project, but ordinarily is not added to version control.
- rcc: compiles resources (such as your icons) into an embeddable object.
- uic: compiles .ui files. (instead of loading them dynamically, at runtime)

All of this is automatically taken care of, if using qmake.

Other thing: could you check what happens if you click on "Light sources" / "Color" button. Should appear color selector window. I'm asking because it is not form standard Qt lib, but from KDE Widgets.

Doesn't work. I don't think you can embed a custom KDE widget in a Windows build. There is QColorDialog, though.

Next thing: What happens if you click on "Render button"? Should be rendered some colored pattern (just for testing).

Works!
DwarfStar
Forums Newbie

DwarfStar
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 10:06:04 PM »

Buddhi,

I sent you an email yesterday about testing Mandelbulber 2.0 for you, but I have not received a response.  So, I'll try posting a couple questions/comments here.

1.  Question - Is the SVN at http://code.google.com/p/mandelbulber2/  huh?  There is nothing to download and start testing with.

2.  Comment - Please keep PNG, I use PNG16 Alpha exclusively to render my source images to create HD videos.  The Alpha channel is a MUST have!!!

3.  Comment - My OS is Windows 7, since Mandelbulber 1.19 or 1.20 (currently using 1.21), I have had blank spots in the UI, such as in the progress bar.  As the progress bar advances, it blanks out the field it occupies.  This is similar to the icon button issue mentioned before this post.

4.  Question - Does the installer of the test version of Mandelbulber 2.0 place the program into \Mandelbulber folder?

Look forward to helping with 2.0!!!

DwarfStar
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »

svn checkout http://mandelbulber2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mandelbulber2
DwarfStar
Forums Newbie

DwarfStar
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »

Thank you, I checked it out, but there is no compiled code yet.  I'm running Windows 7 64bit, so as soon as a compiled beta is ready to go, so am I.

DwarfStar
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »

Finally I have found way to use Eclipse with qmake. First I learn to use moc, qrc and uic manually. When I had understood what they are exactly doing, then was very easy to create .pro file for qmake and configure Eclipse. I have also resign from use QUiLoader for main window. Now it's like standard Qt application.
Actual version of the source with proper .pro file in already in SVN.

Now I'm going to develop substitution of KColorButton, because it could not work under Windows.

knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »

Mandelbulb would be cute with Qt.  grin
 Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2014, 08:44:59 AM »

If anybody has some remarks about source code, all comments can be placed directly in code.google site: https://code.google.com/p/mandelbulber2/source/list
Then will be less posts here about the code. In this site you will also see detailed information about latest changes in the Mandelbulber code.
In this thread I would like to publish only information about work progress or when I will stuck on something.

visual.bermarte
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »

from render_window.hpp
Code:
#include "../qt/ui_render_window.h"

isn't this header missing?
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

Yes, it's not present. This header is generated automatically by qmake. In debug folder there is .pro file. It is a configuration file for qmake. Qmake generates all needed header files regarding the user interface and also creates makefile.

Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Hi
It's time for some update.
The user interface is in 60% designed. In attached file there is a screenshot. Functions are grouped in movable dock widgets. If the user want to arrange interface there is possible to move docks to different places or even detach from main window. Almost all parameters are adjustable with sliders. For parameters with very wide value range the slider is logarithmic. Color selection buttons are created without using KDEColorButton, so it works without kdeui libraries.
Actual development version is as always in SVN repository (https://code.google.com/p/mandelbulber2/source/checkout). I hope it should be possible to compile it even using MS Visual Studio (thanks to Qt it's much more platform independent). QMake project file is in Debug folder.
Please share your opinion. There is still possible to redesign the interface if this is not optimal.

* Mandelbulber_qt_2.png (216.83 KB, 1925x1366 - viewed 276 times.)

ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »

It looks nice. Will it adjust gracefully to 'smaller' screens like my 1366x768 laptop?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 11:29:05 PM »

@buddhi do you plan to improve the "hybrid" creation of mandelbulber ?! i always found it very hard to understand what the program actually does, and quite limiting compared to the possibilities with mandelbulb3d,  are you improving on hybrid creation ( as list of formulas, rather than some predefined param slots ... ) ? i hope sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: