Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 07:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: rotate the camera in Mandelbulb 3D 1.8.9  (Read 282 times)
Description: problems rotating the camera to create the desired animation
sangreelah
Forums Newbie

« on: March 02, 2014, 11:44:38 PM »

Hi guys,

My name is Sept and I am new to the Fractal Forums; hi to everyone.

I am currently playing with Mandelbulb 3D 1.8.9 and I find it an awesome program; particularly the Voxelstack, that allows me to export the fractals as meshes to edit in Blender, my 3D editor of choice. I only found a problem with the program; it is in the 3D navigation view; all the navigation functions supplied are great and very intuitive, specially if you have some experience with FPS; however, I found no way to actually rotate the camera; I can only roll it left and right, but that hardly do the trick. The thing is that in some of the animations, I can see the camera actually rotate.  Perhaps the problem is with the pivot point, but I found no way of modifying that within the program interface; am I missing something?

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »

The "looking" button in the navigator rotate the camera by the angle specified in the "Looking+rolling angle" field, the pivot point being the camera itself.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
sangreelah
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:27:53 PM »

Hi bib,

Thank you for your response. I have been looking for the option "Looking+rolling angle" but I cannot find it (sorry about my noobiness); the version I am currently running is Mandelbulb 1.8.9. Please help; this is the only problem I cannot resolve yet, and it is quite important; I have checked in the Rotation drop-down, but that only give me the euler angles to rotate the object, not the camera. I cannot find anywhere the Looking+Rolling angle; I have checked the main render window and the 3D Nav Window and I found the option nowhere.

Thanks for all your help.
sangreelah
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:40:27 PM »

Hi bib,

Disregard my previous post (the problem of being a noobie!); I found the Looking+Rolling option and with your explanation that the pivot is the camera itself I guess I am good tpo go. Thanks a milliuon for all your help.

Regards,

Sept
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: