Logo by stereoman - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 04:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Atmospheric Perspective  (Read 1019 times)
Description: Setting volumetrics to produce realistic sky effects
geomagnet
Alien

« on: February 15, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »

Hello,

I was thinking of making a mod for adding atmospheric perspective, but my programming skills are too lame.
I found these formulas and code snippets, but they are in OpenGL (I think).  Perhaps someone could help translate them to
work with the custom formula compiler or create an option along with the fog and glow.

http://www.scratchapixel.com/lessons/3d-advanced-lessons/simulating-the-colors-of-the-sky/atmospheric-scattering/

For keyframes, is it possible to allow for different frame count between keyframes?  For example, if I have 5 keyframes and
the first set kyf-0 to kyf-1 is 100 frames, the second kyf-1 to kyf-2 is 50, the third kyf-2-3 is 65, and so on where I set the count arbitrarily.
Even if its just a matter of manually going into the keyframe files themselves and setting the value (I've tried, but it only honors what is set
in the interface).  Better yet, maybe set a "speed" parameter so that if you make a series of turns, the amount of frames are calculated to
make it velocity look constant.

This  would be helpful in setting the speed for fly-bys as I'm finding if I  turn it cranks out too many frames ,making
it look like the speed comes to a crawl.  I've also tried animating each set, but that looks odd due to the easing in and out so when
connecting the animations it looks unnatural.

can there be a FOV - to - mm translator?  I work with other programs like after effects, C4D, Rhino3d, and they use camera lens MM focal length
as the parameter. 

Also, can there be a animation keyframe log that lists  camera position, direction, FOV; light position, color, and intensity?
As mentioned, trying to integrate mandelbulber scenes would be much more accurate if these values could be cut-n-pasted into
other video / modeling program(s).  Almost all of them support coordinate arrays so [x,y,z] format would work just fine.

Thanks for all your great work.  Mandelbulber ROCKS!!!

JS

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: