Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 10:21:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Digital Artist playing with Fractals  (Read 8936 times)
LarryMurk
Forums Newbie

GIMP wizard

« on: February 12, 2014, 01:20:03 AM »

Hi folks,

My name is Larry Murk in case you didn't figure that out from my username already.

I have a Youtube channel where I capture my screen as I create awesome (in my mind) Digital Paintings mainly using the GIMP image editor. My main goal is to share/learn techniques for creating awesome images be it with GIMP or any other method.

Fractals have always been in the back of my mind.

Recently, I came across JWildfire and have produced some nice fractals which I've incorporated into my art.

More recently, I have come across Mandelbulb 3d and I'm completely awestruck. I'm already incorporating some of these 3d renderings into my art.

I look forward to a long and exciting time on these forums sharing ideas with and learning from all you brilliant folks who seem to actually have some idea how fractals work. Actually, I love math and I do have the very basics on fractals but nothing close to you folks so I'm glad we have other fractal lovers around.

Cheers to fractals,
Larry

Larry Murk
GIMP wizard
http://LarryMurk.deviantART.com
jehovajah
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

May a trochoid in the void bring you peace

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »

Welcome Larry!
Funny thing: I only just came across JWildfire today, myself!

Great images are always welcome, but maybe your experience as a graphic artist may inspire others to find ways of gaining financial reward for their genius images? Who knows?

Good to have you on board. cheesy

May a trochoid of ¥h¶h iteratively entrain your Logos Response transforming into iridescent fractals of orgasmic delight and joy, with kindness, peace and gratitude at all scales within your experience. I beg of you to enrich others as you have been enriched, in vorticose pulsations of extravagance!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: