Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 10:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandel Machine  (Read 45033 times)
Description: A highly efficient Mandelbrot set explorer
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »

Well, for 2,000,000,000 iterations we need array of 2billions. double. We need (8*2B)=16,000,000,000 bytes =  14.901GB RAM for reference! + 10240x5760 image (10240*5760*4 = 225MB) Totally I need maximum 16GB for rendering final minibrot's image. Botond, Why I can't do this???

Sorry =( My idea works with integer, but doesn't works with float numbers =((( Idea was be @Compressing reference@
I'd like to see what you are rendering that takes 2 billion iterations. Good luck rendering whatever it is. Let us know what you find... afro
Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »

Well, for 2,000,000,000 iterations we need array of 2billions. double. We need (8*2B)=16,000,000,000 bytes =  14.901GB RAM for reference!
You would actually need twice that amount, because the reference has real and imaginary parts, both stored in double precision. But stay tuned, I'm working on a solution that will reduce the memory needs dramatically.  wink

Check out my Mandelbrot set explorer:
http://web.t-online.hu/kbotond/mandelmachine/
stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

I rarely do areas more than a few millions. Unless you are exploring the minibrots of minibrots the same way you would the main fractal, there is no reason for the iteration loop to range into the billions of iterations. In fact, one of my vids with the highest iteration density was also fairly shallow, at least by modern computing standards:
http://www.fractalforums.com/movies-showcase-%28rate-my-movie%29/sandstone-zoom-into-the-edge-of-the-large-cardioid/
SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »

I'd like to see what you are rendering that takes 2 billion iterations. Good luck rendering whatever it is. Let us know what you find... afro
Thank you!
Ha! How I can render it? MM support only 400M iterations and non-stable in RAM usage!

Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:19 AM »

A new beta version is available, containing mainly bugfixes. The launcher now starts the JVM with a maximum heap size determined by the amount of free RAM in the system.
Full list of changes: http://web.t-online.hu/kbotond/mandelmachine/#changelog

SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #290 on: September 18, 2014, 07:40:01 AM »

Very nice, Botond! Thank you!
P.s. What about deep zooming as mouse wheel? Mouse wheel do 1 zoom/sec. Double click 2zooms/second. Can you make deeper zoom using mouse???

stardust4ever
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #291 on: September 18, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »

Very nice, Botond! Thank you!
P.s. What about deep zooming as mouse wheel? Mouse wheel do 1 zoom/sec. Double click 2zooms/second. Can you make deeper zoom using mouse???
Mouse scrolling is pretty darn efficient but I've gotten used to not using it because previous versions of MM crashed with multiple scrolls during orbit calculator. Once you get past a couple thousand zoom levels, assuming smallish resolutions like 640 or 800 pixels for previewing the fractal, the limiting factor becomes not rendering the image but the orbital.

At this point, it becomes more efficient to increment the scroll by drawing tiny rectagles. I turn off glitch fixing unless I've got a complex Julia that really need enabled it to find the centroid of the image. On my desktop with large monitor, I can average about 5 zooms per click by drawing tiny rectangles. This is a far cry from the 1 zoom per click the scroll wheel gets you. 4 or  8x (2or 3 zooms) would make a balanced option for scrolling inwards, like the menu in Kalles Fraktaler.

Also I have a small request. Since you don't have a dedicated palette maker, can you support the import of Kalles Fraktaler palette files directly? Well then again I can screenshot palette makers of other soft like Fractal Extreme and crop in the thinly bar of palette data using a photo editor like Paint or GIMP. Fractal Extreme does bars of Palette data rather than smoothe transition though so I might need to apply a Gaussian blur effect on the bar to reduce posturization effects. I'll have to experiment more.
SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2014, 06:41:20 AM »

Botond, why glitch-correction can't guess mini-brot? I wait 5 minutes for glitch and 38 hours for it's correction! Please, enable guessing!

Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »

Botond, why glitch-correction can't guess mini-brot? I wait 5 minutes for glitch and 38 hours for it's correction! Please, enable guessing!

Good point, it will be included in a future release.

SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2014, 08:57:45 PM »

Please, make also zooming (using rectangle) without double-click!

Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »

This is a small update, but an important one as it enables Mandel Machine to come out of beta status.
Changes:
  • A time limit can be set in the new Settings box (at the very bottom of the scrollable vertical controls), and if the computing time of the image exceeds the limit, the computed iteration values are saved in history, so the image will not have to be recalculated when returning to that state later.
  • Mouse navigation parameters can also be modified in the Settings box.
  • The settings are saved on every change, and loaded on each startup.

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:26 PM »

It is great!

The attached location breaks the series approximation, however the other locations I have on the x-axis (i.e. im=0) are working without problems.

* glitch53.kfr.txt (1.75 KB - downloaded 85 times.)

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
SeryZone
Strange Attractor

Contemplate...

« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2014, 02:53:47 PM »

Dear Botond! Thank you so much!

Botond Kósa
Fractal Lover

« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

A small update is available, addressing bugs introduced by the saving of iteration data in history. It was corrupted when the iteration span was larger than one million, and the process of saving and loading was sloooow snore

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2014, 12:00:17 AM »

Tried the version posted just before this slight update and it's fast, and so far has not crashed.

Well done Botond, I'm really glad you're out of beta.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: