Logo by S Nelson - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Registry keys?  (Read 1698 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: February 06, 2014, 04:50:38 AM »

I have used CCleaner on my old XP desktop without any problems. After getting a message somewhere on my laptop that I had 155 registry errors, I installed CCleaner on my newer Windows 8 laptop and ran it, just the way I've done on my XP. Also went ahead and let it fix the registry. I'm not sure now that I really should have done that...Mandelbulb 3D seems to run slower now, no better than it runs on my old desktop... I also have UltraFractal which also seems to be running slower. Could registry cleaning cause some programs to mess up? I understand that in case of trouble, the registry backup file made with CCleaner can be "merged" in order to put things back as they were before the cleaning. I'm not very tech savvy, so the notion of doing that is a bit daunting...

Anyone else ever notice this? Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide...

crystal

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »

Use Linux to not have registry at all  rolling on floor laughing

If you want to find what is making you computer slow, try to use Process Explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/pl-pl/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
With this you can see memory and CPU usage of not only running programs but also of any Windows service.
It helped me many times.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: