Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:01:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: The Mandelbrot Set  (Read 1499 times)
paolo
Explorer

« on: February 02, 2014, 12:27:18 AM »

grin Kalles Fraktaler and Superfractalthing are wonderful programs which greatly speed up deep zooms. Is it possible to also speed up the Mandelbrot set with a huge number of iterations of say over a million, but which is a relatively shallow zoom of perhaps 10e10? Thank you.
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:04:08 AM »

Yes, series approximation can improve renders also on depth from 1 to e13, where ordinary data type double can be used to calculate every pixel the traditional way. But perturbation adds some overhead and makes it a little slower. So in the end I think it is the same speed.

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: