Logo by mjk1093 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:56:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: About periodical complex functions  (Read 461 times)
Description: relate
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« on: January 26, 2014, 08:30:29 AM »

Let a function f:C->C as periodical tiling function (exist k,l real number with f(z)=f(z+ik+jl), whatever i,j integer numbers) as exemplu
 f(z) = integral(sqrt(1/sin(z)))dz. I looked that exist a least one z0 at whick f(z0) = oo.
 Now !! search
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »

Let a function f:C->C as periodical tiling function (exist k,l real number with f(z)=f(z+ik+jl), whatever i,j integer numbers) as exemplu
 f(z) = integral(sqrt(1/sin(z)))dz. I looked that exist a least one z0 at whick f(z0) = oo.
 Now !! search
Demonstration
Whatever f:C->D<C a complex function, normaly that D is strictly whole C complex numbers set.
If define this periodical complex function f:C->C as periodical function f(z) = f(z+ik+jl) whatever i,j integer and k,l two real number defined same as pi at sinus function and exponential function then (f) can be define as f:D<C ->C where D is a rectangle what have dimensions (k) and (l) then the invert function g=f[-1] normaly f(D) must include whole C because not exist complex functions holomorphs f:D1->D2 at whick the domains D1,D2<C isn't whole C
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »

If make fractals Julia from the periodic complex functions f(z)=f(z+ik+jl) , those fractals will filling space with Julia sets exacthly same at the pictures from topic "Space filling Julia set" here in this chapter "new theory and researchs"
s31415
Conqueror

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

I comfess I have trouble understanding what you mean exactly. But one way of making periodic Julia pattern is to use the Weierstrass elliptic function, see this blog post:
http://algorithmic-worlds.net/blog/blog.php?Post=20120330
The main point is that this function is periodic AND conformal, so it does not distort Julia patterns. It does have poles but this is not a problem.

Sam

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »

It's true that a nonconstant meromorphic elliptic function will have poles in every tile of repetition. (In fact, the sum of multiplicities of poles and the sum of multiplicity of zeroes will be equal.)

However, I'm pretty sure you can get attracting basins with such functions. Poles will have a mosaic of copies of the whole fractal "draining down them" and won't therefore be in an attracting basin (so instead the Julia set) unless every point goes to a single attractor. The conditions do exist (infinity not an attractor, poles exist) for some parametrization of an elliptic function to have parameter values for which there are no attractors, though.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: