Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 04:30:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello from the North of England  (Read 758 times)
ellarien
Conqueror

I like flowers

« on: January 21, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm a  newcomer to the world(s) of fractals. I started exploring the Mandelbrot set a couple of months ago, first with apps on my Android tablet, then with Fraqtive on the desktop. After a while zooming to 10^13 wasn't enough and I moved on to Fractice for some painfully slow deep zooming. (My most powerful computer at the time was a four-year-old Core 2 Duo laptop.) Just in the last three weeks, I acquired a new laptop, discovered the forums, and ventured into 3-d fractals with Mandelbulber. I've also played a bit with Mandelbulb3d and ChaosPro, but so far I find Mandelbulber easier to use. I'm fascinated by the shapes and textures -- my favourite 3d fractal to explore so far is the scale-2 Mandelbox with Tglad folding, which has an amazing variety of ancient architecture and trashed technology in its nooks and crannies. Then the forums led me to Kalles Fraktaler, which brought the deeper parts of the Mandelbrot set within reach (wheee!), and J-Wildfire, which gave me some lovely flowers.

Eventually I hope to tie all this back into my ambitions to learn a real programming language and write sf novels, both of which have been somewhat derailed by this new obsession. In the meantime, thank you all for the great software, images, and videos, and the helpful pointers. I'm mostly here to learn, but if my images ever progress beyond snapshots, or I figure out how to make zoom videos at decent quality in a size I can upload, I may pluck up the courage to share some of them here.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:56:12 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums afro

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself.

Feel free to post some of your finds in the gallery.  It's always fun to see what a fresh point of view find interesting enough to post  alien

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums
you might find it interesting to view my mandelbox videos
you may find them in the chaostube youtube channel
especially history issue2 and tutorial3.5 deals with the mandelbox

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: