Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D Navi black screen  (Read 5588 times)
pulsar69
Navigator

https://www.facebook.com/
« on: December 26, 2013, 03:30:03 PM »

Hello all,

I have a problem on the 3D Navi screen.

I first render a fractal on the main screen without problem, then i create an animation file without problem with the 3D navi.
I save the animation and all parameters files yesterday.
Today i load all the files without any problems (no error message). I can render the fractal on the main screen, but when i go to the 3D navi windows, i have a black screen. I have try to change lightness, far planes etc..to load again light and parameters.. nothing works allways a black screen. All is ok when i load another fractal. So if anyone can help  !
Here is the parameter file : (there is one light with a map, maybe you will not have the map)

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....m....x/...w....2A...kPIYfsnN8pzSi2BFM8C6wjl8/M0Skd2znk3wX86p3.zWNeeGY6uDxj
................................tzTfnrwPq/2........Y./..................N/2...wD
...Uz6/...U4..../MU//...........z/...2E4.....owd4UbPgwhD/.EyxqrD...m1dkpXm1.....
//.kviPD12../2UNaNaNaNaxz...........I.....Uadl9...........W0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDO2BIsCtuoonJpYKRilmry00keTQY7aUDGbDAOmk8DvPDM4NVnqV/ywhBBQwdzfhDa/DI7Tuz
OvvQhxUmFaMyxuOOHS71fwgjU.....2u..............sD.6....sD/.G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1...................................UeUN/EB....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kzHwzzz1.U..6......w0...UB....p.z26...UgE.....1....QX....UPF5I
......aZczDM6/nz/AE/z1....c.pc..zrheT..UK/nl2xvj6.M93P58iz1..0.......EU.XkjQgk0.
.YeA/WtD2z1.yPj6wjV3z..h0HZqwExj/2X0.wzzz1...........s6...................E.lc..
zzzz............00...................2U.8.kzzzD............8....................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................UTVR..y3q/yzz/k.1A..1Ak.vzDsnwF.UDn
5VTzThdht0kaqaPiQs5y3q/.sLM5s1bTsLM5.UTVRUDlyVTVR..y3q/yMw5y3q/.sLM5snqTsLM5.UTV
RUDkzVTVR..y3q/y...y3q/bzz/k.1Akyz1yATomxzpaqaff................................
E....AU2V2E/....I....Y....EEIJ4Rm3aJH/..rJaQ..........................k/..U/4MU.
0.........U..........LsuFVf53CyDkAnAnAnAfz1.............................y.2.....
..cJ./..................kz1.....................................................
.....................2.....3....7....gqPXVqLXJbMZ/.PpB5.........................
........4MU/..................zD........kz1........wz2.......6/kzzzzzzzzzzPxzzzz
zzzrz0............................cF./..................Uz1........../..........
................................/....E/..../....TBINgFLOXpoPYJ4.gF4.............
........................................kz9.....................................
................................................................................
............................................}
{Titel: Finalrose}

So if anyone can help  ! Thanx

A topologist is someone who doesn't know the difference between a cup of coffee and a donut.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:41:59 PM »

Hello all,

I have a problem on the 3D Navi screen.

I first render a fractal on the main screen without problem, then i create an animation file without problem with the 3D navi.
I save the animation and all parameters files yesterday.
Today i load all the files without any problems (no error message). I can render the fractal on the main screen, but when i go to the 3D navi windows, i have a black screen. I have try to change lightness, far planes etc..to load again light and parameters.. nothing works allways a black screen. All is ok when i load another fractal. So if anyone can help  !
Here is the parameter file : (there is one light with a map, maybe you will not have the map)

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....m....x/...w....2A...kPIYfsnN8pzSi2BFM8C6wjl8/M0Skd2znk3wX86p3.zWNeeGY6uDxj
................................tzTfnrwPq/2........Y./..................N/2...wD
...Uz6/...U4..../MU//...........z/...2E4.....owd4UbPgwhD/.EyxqrD...m1dkpXm1.....
//.kviPD12../2UNaNaNaNaxz...........I.....Uadl9...........W0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDO2BIsCtuoonJpYKRilmry00keTQY7aUDGbDAOmk8DvPDM4NVnqV/ywhBBQwdzfhDa/DI7Tuz
OvvQhxUmFaMyxuOOHS71fwgjU.....2u..............sD.6....sD/.G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1...................................UeUN/EB....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kzHwzzz1.U..6......w0...UB....p.z26...UgE.....1....QX....UPF5I
......aZczDM6/nz/AE/z1....c.pc..zrheT..UK/nl2xvj6.M93P58iz1..0.......EU.XkjQgk0.
.YeA/WtD2z1.yPj6wjV3z..h0HZqwExj/2X0.wzzz1...........s6...................E.lc..
zzzz............00...................2U.8.kzzzD............8....................
/6U0.wzzz1...................................UTVR..y3q/yzz/k.1A..1Ak.vzDsnwF.UDn
5VTzThdht0kaqaPiQs5y3q/.sLM5s1bTsLM5.UTVRUDlyVTVR..y3q/yMw5y3q/.sLM5snqTsLM5.UTV
RUDkzVTVR..y3q/y...y3q/bzz/k.1Akyz1yATomxzpaqaff................................
E....AU2V2E/....I....Y....EEIJ4Rm3aJH/..rJaQ..........................k/..U/4MU.
0.........U..........LsuFVf53CyDkAnAnAnAfz1.............................y.2.....
..cJ./..................kz1.....................................................
.....................2.....3....7....gqPXVqLXJbMZ/.PpB5.........................
........4MU/..................zD........kz1........wz2.......6/kzzzzzzzzzzPxzzzz
zzzrz0............................cF./..................Uz1........../..........
................................/....E/..../....TBINgFLOXpoPYJ4.gF4.............
........................................kz9.....................................
................................................................................
{Titel: Finalrose}

So if anyone can help  ! Thanx

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

Sorry, but I can offer no help with this issue other than to confirm that the issue you describe is reproducible on my system  (the parameters render fine, but the 3D Navi window is blacked out and no tweaking brings an image into view).

I have never seen this before, so hopefully Jesse  (the creator of Mandelbulb3D) will see it and have some sort of idea what is happening.

Until then, keep at it and have fun with the bits that do work properly   wink

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »

If you increase the ambient light level a little, the 3DNavi works fine.

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »

If you increase the ambient light level a little, the 3DNavi works fine.

Silly me!

I never thought to check the lighting outside the navi window, just the lightness thingy inside it!

I just assumed it had some sort of light as it rendered fine, but the ambient was all the way at zero, so this all makes sense now.

Good eye there, MM!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
pulsar69
Navigator

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:57:49 AM »

Thanx Sockratease and Madma !
The answer was so easy wink

Have a nice day !

A topologist is someone who doesn't know the difference between a cup of coffee and a donut.
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »

Hi Pulsar69,

I made a few changes and your parameters are not very rose-like anymore but  - I did that because you seem to be new and I thought you might like another area & color scheme to check out.
:-)
Apophyster (Fred E)

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....m....x/...w....2A...Uotyeu/L5pzK37YHYeL41EAaPE5yYX2znJx.jJFx4.za23uOW7EExj
................................R71Rvnb/102........Y./..................2/2...wD
...Uz6/....k..../MU//...........30...2E4.....EjhVxHgV7hD/.EyxqrD...m1dkpXm1.....
.z1...sDtiTxRyxeconysPRDl4aoyKaINjanRsTDHt.jK0CM0vfAl9sLXHVyxoodR1.yKzgDDDJW1Ujp
DvvTV/aPCrVvxihDlI7sU7gjU.....Ia5.............sD.6....sD/.G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1...................................UeUN/EC....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.g/4G..U..6......o3...UB....C1...c1...E.....7....QX....UPF5I
.....AIG2h/PkN64x22IG.uiM16.Lc..JHgX...........U6.cXcESLfz1...........kA8.UE/Z2.
..........6.0Rt93AU../.U.........MW0.obNJ/..KZajjzXyzs6.....................ac..
xNKJ..kuvBTuCfzj00....................G78.U6tY1..w8pJs/mpz98qIU1bNlyz0..........
.EX0.21Dm.............k.Tci/2UyD.............2ZIH/UCzwnDAuVAOE/.MUoOflj8VgGF.Qsg
sWfAk.XB//UI.daOjOn5PU1.aklAngIDwol2.ArLnA5a5J3Cf.kaT8sb8.pMXZ4.JGMQJWvQOd3L.sug
nC9psh2BY.UdQ4dd..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
0.........U..........LsuFVf53CyDkAnAnAnAfz1..................s2E........y.2.....
{Titel: 131229_Pulsar69_Finalrose_twk01b}

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »

Oh and I forgot to mention that the 3D navigator has a control named "lightness" which will increase the image in the navigator window up to a certain level.  And another helpful element throughout the whole program you may not see if you're quick or your computer is slow is that many controls pop up "balloon tips" or "information bubbles" if you hover your mouse above them long enough.  Not all of the controls have tips though, especially if they're already labeled.

If you're really into it there is a "Mandelbulb3DReadme.html" document in the folder with the program's executable.  It explains a lot that would be difficult to hunt up around here.
smiley

Apophyster

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: