Logo by Maya - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: M3D navigator - beautiful designs that fall apart in main view  (Read 950 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: December 17, 2013, 01:19:43 AM »

This is another prob I've had for ages, it is one reason that I don't accomplish very much in M3D  embarrass I can sometimes turn up the most gorgeous designs in Navigator, the lighting and shades all seem perfect, details look good, but then when I hit "view to main" I just get a mess. This happens a LOT. And I have no clue why.

At one time I posted about this before and was advised to adjust Min R. I wasn't sure what that meant, other than to twiddle with it. It never did seem to help. And sometimes you don't have Min R on some formulas or combinations anyway.

I have also been hitting any "send all formulas" buttons that I see, in hopes it will help. Nope! 

Here is a parameter from something I tried just minutes ago, it is a simple "test" design but again, same rough mess in main view.

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....S....O/...30...2....UML5TLjkNn.LifXjfLdE9k4GQgIKk5u0Iv4L6tdDEf.LifXjfLdE9k
................................qN4Xysvokw1........Y./....................2...wD
...Uz6....ED..../M.0/......e....K.....E3.....g4okyvfF31E/..........m/dkpXmH.gKQc
./....kD12../2.Ohc4ApHasz0..........qWgsuBp9ez1...........U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDZxAaVVJBJ.YJm5MrvRt9.t72ZsGma9/kc4Uah0JZZ.2yqazTs9qqzcEzUoc0Ig0EVFCcRGWv
c.IaBxLUnh35.HKyfEPGgB0kU.....IH..............sD.6....sD..G.0..........E........
I.2........wzqAnAt1...sD....z...........................................3....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E6./.A..V2E/.........6....EGiFLNbJaQU.pPrJaQ.........................c..........
...................2./........zj................................................
................................................................................
.....................2.....3....6....coEp7KNn...fZqA............................
K..........1Ak.......UcD80.m3bzj/.......MzXaNaNaNa7../........zD........kz1.....
...wzMaNaNaNadzD63iSIsuF2.2.....................................................
................................6....E/...k0....HZKNm/LOiBrOdF1.................
.................k.1Ak.1A...............8.IaNaNaNaNtzaNaNaNaNO.E........kz1.....
.............6zD............................U11k.......Mm.2........uz...........
............................................}
{Titel: main paras~}

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »

Start by changing the DE stop value in the main window, try 3 for your example,
then take away more of the noise by adjusting the Raystep Multiplier to .i (both in the Calculate tab)
The adjust some of your params to get the same look....try changing the Sierpinski4 value in your 3rd tab Scale...I tried 2.75

Just play with the values

chunkygravy
Alien

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »

i increased the raystep mult to 0.1 and the stepwidth limiter to 0.25 and it rendered fine.
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 05:33:14 AM »

I have gotten back to playing with that and your suggestions do seem to be helping!  Yes !! THANKS !

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: