Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:48:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: A new plugin released  (Read 1737 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:05:26 AM »

Hi Guys

Here I have a new plugin, Simon126.dll which contains a new version variant of Simon100.dll which I created before. I've included it into the zip files I created previously, containing all my plugins for Fractal eXtreme, and have linked to the zip files below (they're a bit less than 100Kb zipped).  As I had problems in the past where some of my plugins were causing the new fractal dialogue to crash on closing, make sure to only copy the new plugin dll file into the plugins folder if that's all you want as I haven't got around to updating the zip files with the plugins that were rebuilt by panzerboy.

The formula iterates the following (in 4 types each consisting of plain, buffalo, celtic and burning ship, so 16 new variations in total):

z = z * abs(z) + j * abs(j)
z = z * z + j

No initial images this time, so you'll just have to take a look for yourselves (it's getting late and I'm off to bed).

The links to the zip files are:

For the 32 bit dlls click here.

For the 64 bit dlls click here.

Hope this gives you more new places to explore.

Any problems, get back to me.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:02:36 AM by simon.snake, Reason: Changed word version to variant » Logged

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »

Thanks for providing these!!

I'm on a new laptop, so I didn't have any extra plug-ins installed except PB's Smooth Shaded, etc. before trying this.
Here is what happens with 64bit .dll's on my ASUS G750JW w/ GeForce GTX 765M, Core i7-4700HQ & Windows 8.1:

- With all the files copied into the plugins dir, FX will crash upon selecting any new fractal.
- With only the new 126 .dll, all the fractals in that .dll work, but opening any other fractal will crash FX. As will closing the fractal window and/or the main window.

Could be local problems, I've had more issues with Windows 8.1 on this laptop than any OS since Windows ME.

see - hear
Sodom like there's no Gomorrah
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »

Hi Kallisti

I've known about some problems with the plugins I compile for a while (see other posts in the plugins forum).

I zipped up the source files and uploaded them to my own server, where panzerboy was able to download them and compile them on his own machine, which has stopped the files crashing on my own setup.

I've simply been too lazy to upload the generated files, and the 126.dll file is a new one that I've still got to ask panzerboy to compile for me.

I will be updating the two zip files in due course (been a bit busy over the last few weeks) and will let you know when they've been re-uploaded.

Interestingly, on my laptop with my new 126 plugin (and the others I've received back from panzerboy) I have no crashes at all.

Still don't know exactly why the plugins crash, probably due to me using the free visual studio 2010 express and tacking on the 64-bit support from the windows driver kit which isn't usually available.

I also would like to ask panzerboy if he can work out how to achieve smooth versions of my plugins, as he's the man who can!

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
kallisti
Explorer

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »

Aight, looking forward to the continuation! smiley

see - hear
Sodom like there's no Gomorrah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: