Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Bizarre glitch  (Read 1352 times)
Description: a strange glitch
SpiralVortex
Forums Newbie

« on: November 30, 2013, 04:52:46 AM »

OK so some time ago I'd mentioned that a few fractals were rendering in color, then essentialy displaying in black-and- white. Here's an example.

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....w....o0...w....2...............1.......s1E................................
........................................kz1........Y./..................y.2...wD
...Uz6....U6..../M.0/......4/...p.....E3.....omEQgisq6qD/..........m/dkpXm1....U
z.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDYsAIxzzzjz1..........WAbUdisqcljRRxgCKosEwnYRydIKa5uzwPN9SaPRGyDFHQlSHA1
Iw1iNMIOip7tzqF/G0ZZtVyDU.....Y0/.............sD.6....sD..G.0...................
.............oAnAt1...sD....z...........................................j....k1.
.....Ksulz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E....Ek.l2E.....I....U....kFZtKNm34PFJLMo/EMo/.......................6U.06U.06U.
Ak.1...............2./......../E..........A........0.1.......U.k........kz1.....
...wz..........E........................................Uz1........sz.........yD
........Uz1..........2.....3....3....wpIdt4B2/5PpB5.oJqE........................
......U.06U..k..........................................................sz1.....
...0./..................U.2...................zD................................
................................/....E/...k/..../7oPsNpIHVKMkJqQ................
............5...0.........................2........sz.........zD................
...wz........UzDRc3NvwxHZz1.....................................................
..........................................E.....I.........kLdtaRn/5OZ7LOX34P....
...................................................3./.......E/E........I.2.....
...3./..........................................................................
........................................................}
{Titel: kre;li}

When you render it, you'll likely find that it starts out in bright colors, but most of them disappear when the rendering is finished::

Does anyone have an explanation for this?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »

I know people hate to hear this, but ...

It's not a glitch or a bug at all, but actually a feature!  The program is behaving normally.

What you are seeing is very subtle colors being lost in the shadow pass of the rendering.  To bring them back just go to the lighting tab and under "Ambient" slide the Ambient Shadow slider down until you reach the level of color you want.  You can even turn off ambient shadows all together in the post process window if you don't want any at all   afro

Hope that helps.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Apophyster
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »

Say, SpiralVortex... I can't help you with the problem you asked about explicitly.
But I tweaked the parameters you posted and maybe that would help.
Anyway, the scene is somewhat darker..

:-)
Fred (Apophystery)

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
g.....S....O/...I8...2....EIDT00hLyyzCZ/o4ZisEzD.n8dDnz4Jz1tifoTKDrgzoACPLq2Xjzj
................................La4ARLuRq02........Y./..................y.2...wD
...Uz6.....N..../M.0/.....U5/...p0....E3.....UN9nQaGlbeD/..........G/dkpXm1.....
z.....kD12../..........wz.................................U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sDVXSQBQxeYuHW6faLlhWYyijXHuDNAadDW8JM7x3ZDuXNzhQu6l2eykL18UTz26cDgaoJFzL3
PuP0V6LcY4lEycSnpLR7UMeDU.....ok5.............sD.6....sD..G.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD....zw1.........................................g....k1.
.....Ksulz1.....g.kz.AOJo.Ee.o2.z....E1....G....f....k6...E9....N....A3.....SF52
...U.uH8Q21Aq.LAnYZHlYBux1M.36nzHXhi...........U6....................2U.8.EYtK9.
..........6.ilEhAIrxz0...........6W0.s3ZW0..EXXla4Dxzs/.....................Wc..
SFdc...osMgdlHzj81...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................o13I.kMFdkMDlUCNq0.yJwtbDE5Uk1f.wRi
2xxHW2pPf/k6hNHPa3HMSM/.kqcLk8PESH7L..uosCBDIF35M..7GcZKQjZAXF7.FqusXzjMKZG6.6Co
G8iTe3CcN/.sDH7s..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E....Ek2l2E.....I....U....kFZtKNm34PFJLMo/EMo/.......................6U.06U.06U.
...................wz..........E........6.2........0./.........E........kz1.....
...wz...................................................Uz1........sz.........yD
........Uz1..........E.....3....6....6IMmtqQgJKSmw3B2tqM........................
..............................zD................................................
...wz.........zD..............................zD................................
................................/....E/.........TZaPqB5QcJaQdBKMg/..............
........................................I.2........3./.......E/E........I.2.....
................................................................................
..........................................U.....I....Q....EE0x4SKBpIc34QZB5.....
......................k/..U........................../........yD........E.2.....
...sz.........zD................................................................
........................................................}
{Titel: 131203_SpiralVortex_Glitch_twk01c}

Rice, wheat and corn make the world go round.
Love and money are just passengers.
Friendliness is the destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: