Logo by mario837 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 02:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Can't copy & paste text parameters  (Read 2514 times)
Qfwfq
Forums Newbie

« on: November 20, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »

I'm having trouble copying and pasting parameters from the web into mandelbulb3d.  It works fine on my desktop (windows 7) but not on my laptop (windows 8.1). On the latter, when I copy to clipboard and press the TXT button it complains and opens a text input window. I can't paste into that either.

The text data itself is ok because on the laptop I can paste from the clipboard into a text file, take that file to the other PC and it opens ok with the TXT button.

I chose the laptop (Lenovo Y510P) because it looked like it had good graphics features. I'm using mandelbulb3d v1.8.9 on both machines.

Has anyone else used Mandelbulb3d on window 8.1?

Has anyone had trouble with copying and pasting parameters?

Dan
Qfwfq
Forums Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »

Is there still no one else with the problem that MB3Dv1.8.9 will produce txt params but not read them? It started when I got a new laptop Lenovo y510p with windows 8. So I don't know if it's Lenovo or Windows 8 that caused it .

Here is some new troubleshooting info. Mandelbulb3Dv1.7.9.3 reads and writes txt params ok. Versions 1.8.2x1, 1.8.9, & 1.8.9x1 have the problem I described.

I feel kind of lonesome on this thread...cry
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »

Is there still no one else with the problem that MB3Dv1.8.9 will produce txt params but not read them? It started when I got a new laptop Lenovo y510p with windows 8. So I don't know if it's Lenovo or Windows 8 that caused it .

Here is some new troubleshooting info. Mandelbulb3Dv1.7.9.3 reads and writes txt params ok. Versions 1.8.2x1, 1.8.9, & 1.8.9x1 have the problem I described.

I feel kind of lonesome on this thread...cry

Sorry, I could have sworn somebody responded to this issue!  (did you ask in more than one thread?)

I can confirm that the open text parameters works on all versions I have, including 1.89 - and it works on windows vista, 7, and 8 as well as a mac running MB3D under Crossover.

Maybe it's an issue with your clipboard somehow?  Although I must admit I don't see how that would be possible.

If the hardware is still reasonably new I would suggest putting the program on a thumb drive along with a text file for test parameters, and go where you got it  (maybe even bring it along) and run a test on a floor model at the store.

Silly question, but did you re-download the program?  It's possible you have a corrupt download.

Sorry, but I have no other advice for this.  It's the first time I heard of this problem   Sponge Bob sad

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Qfwfq
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 05:45:05 PM »

It Gets Stranger

I got the latest updates for windows.  After restarting the computer, the problem was gone...for a while, then it stopped working again.  BTW: I was wrong about 8.1, I have windows 8.

I can't go back to the store to try your suggestion because I bought the laptop on line.

Jascoles
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:32:53 AM »

I am having this problem on a brand new MSI laptop running Win 8. Any ideas? 

EDIT; Problem solved it was Webroot security protecting apps from using "protected clipboard data" from
other apps. I found it in Webroot and now I can copy/ paste to Mandlebulb 3D. I think there is some new feature in Win 8,
that allows security apps to allow clipboard function only within that particular app. Anyway, lets make some bulbs. . . . .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:51:06 PM by Jascoles » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: