Logo by Transdimensional - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 08:50:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractals are awesome!  (Read 1045 times)
PetriJ
Forums Newbie

« on: November 12, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Heeyyy guys! Just found Mandelbulb3D and it's amazing!
This image is straight out of the software, but I can see huge potential of using this tool as a springboard of ideas and designs. The idea is to create some random stuff in Mandelbulb and then just paint over it in photoshop and I'll do the paintover next.

Cheers

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:18:58 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I think you'll find a divided reaction to editing fractals with an image editor.

Many people here feel it's blasphemous, and many others swear by it.

I, personally, put the emphasis on the second word of "Fractal Art" and feel whatever you can think of doing is fair game   police

So have fun, and do please post your results   evil

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

i am excited about you come up with as well wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
PetriJ
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:45:23 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I think you'll find a divided reaction to editing fractals with an image editor.

Many people here feel it's blasphemous, and many others swear by it.

I, personally, put the emphasis on the second word of "Fractal Art" and feel whatever you can think of doing is fair game   police

So have fun, and do please post your results   evil

Really? You mean people have this amazing tool and they won't combine it with any other tool because it's not somehow pure? It's like having bunch of nails and screws, but you can only use a hammer. That's interesting.

Well do tell me if you find my art somehow offensive.

Cheers, PetriJ
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:46:30 PM »

Really? You mean people have this amazing tool and they won't combine it with any other tool because it's not somehow pure? It's like having bunch of nails and screws, but you can only use a hammer. That's interesting.

Well do tell me if you find my art somehow offensive.

Cheers, PetriJ

You'll find I am very difficult to offend!

In fact, I have been known to take disproportionate delight in teasing those who insist on "Purity" if it is to be called "Fractal Art" - but in their defense, they very rarely criticize anybody for post-working a fractal...  but they can get quite vocal if you try to call it "Fractal Art"   evil

It makes no sense to me either, but I named my Cat after a rather specific part of the female anatomy, so I often take names and classifications and titles to be very flexible.  Others, not so much.

We all seem to get along either way.

Mostly.

The important thing is to have fun, so don't hesitate to do whatever you please with your Art!

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
PetriJ
Forums Newbie

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »

You'll find I am very difficult to offend!

In fact, I have been known to take disproportionate delight in teasing those who insist on "Purity" if it is to be called "Fractal Art" - but in their defense, they very rarely criticize anybody for post-working a fractal...  but they can get quite vocal if you try to call it "Fractal Art"   evil

It makes no sense to me either, but I named my Cat after a rather specific part of the female anatomy, so I often take names and classifications and titles to be very flexible.  Others, not so much.

We all seem to get along either way.

Mostly.

The important thing is to have fun, so don't hesitate to do whatever you please with your Art!

Haha I can imagine you calling your cat to come back home cheesy

Here's a quick paintover while I'm here  A Beer Cup

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »

Haha I can imagine you calling your cat to come back home cheesy

Here's a quick paintover while I'm here  A Beer Cup

The cats are both indoor only cats - so let's just hope the old lady cat never gets out   devil

Nice idea for painting the trees and stuff on that landscape-like fractal   A Beer Cup

Keep up the good work.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »

nice make up, very minimal but fitting well!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: