Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: cosmic zoom  (Read 1230 times)
Description: cosmic zoom for video background
Hermetic
Forums Newbie

« on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »

Hi everyone!

I need a very high-quality fractal zoom with a cosmic theme of sorts, this is for the background of a video series which is shot in front of a green screen - so there'll be a person standing in the foreground and speaking and the animation should run in the background. The color theme should be black and dark violet/purple/lilac. I am thinking of something that looks like a zoom through a cosmic nebula. Though there is no strictly determined theme, am open to different suggestions.

There is a budget of some hundred dollars for this too, can be negotiated.

If you are interested write to me on vijakhaddadi@gmail.com

Thanks!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Hi everyone!

I need a very high-quality fractal zoom with a cosmic theme of sorts, this is for the background of a video series which is shot in front of a green screen - so there'll be a person standing in the foreground and speaking and the animation should run in the background. The color theme should be black and dark violet/purple/lilac. I am thinking of something that looks like a zoom through a cosmic nebula. Though there is no strictly determined theme, am open to different suggestions.

If you are interested write to me on vijakhaddadi@gmail.com

Thanks!

A few important questions:

What is the time frame involved  (both the length of the video and the time allowed to render it - deep zooms can take months to render, and that's only after spending a while setting set everything up)  (when I did a fractal animation for an independent movie, I sent a low resolution render which took a week or 2 to produce for approval, followed by a month or two of rendering time for the high resolution version for film).

What format do you want the final product delivered in  (I suggest an image sequence, otherwise you run into issues with file size and re-compression causing quality loss, etc.)?

Lastly, are you talking about a 2D Mandelbrot type zoom, a 3D Mandelbox/bulb type zoom, some sort of hybrid...  There are many possibilities and if you can link to something along the lines of what you want it would make the entire process go easier on everybody.

Lastly, try to carry on as much discussions in this thread as possible - asking people to email is not good as it puts off a lot of folks and you may continue to get offers years after the job is done!

Apart from that, Welcome to the forum and good luck with the project   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »

I could render a zoom with this gradient and location if you like:
http://dinkydauset.deviantart.com/art/Heaven-389917482
Especially if the electricity is covered. A month is about €70 of electricity.

Do you want a zoom from 0 magnification to a minibrot or does it not matter much where it starts and ends? How fast, long and deep do you want it to be? Also as Sockratease asked, how much time is there to finish the render and what kind of file format is wanted?

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »

Hi everyone!
    I need a very high-quality fractal zoom with a cosmic theme of sorts, this is for the background of a
    video series which is shot in front of a green screen - so there'll be a person standing in the foreground
    and speaking and the animation should run in the background.   The color theme should be black and
    dark violet/purple/lilac.   I am thinking of something that looks like a zoom through a cosmic nebula.
    Though there is no strictly determined theme, am open to different suggestions.
    If you are interested write to me on  vijakhaddadi@gmail.com        Thanks!

Besides what has already been asked, what resolution do you want this to be??

Will this "video series" be made available for the public, and how will it it be shown and distributed??   How many times will the background video be used for this "video series", another words, how many different and separate recordings will be made??

Who is behind this "video series"??   Is it an organization, a production company, or what??

If you are offering to pay money for the finished fractal animation, then there most likely will be some form of future income involved for this "video series".   It would be nice to know what a person here is getting involved with before spending a lot of time creating something.   Are you willing to explain more details, and give references??   Maybe specify some websites to those involved in this project??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: