Logo by kr0mat1k - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 09:34:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Supraterranean Pipelines II  (Read 842 times)
JoeFRAQ
Fractal Lover

JoeFRAQ

« on: October 16, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »

This is my latest addition to my personal gallery:  http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=8494

Created w/ Mandelbulb3D
DEcombinate{Min nlin}:(HeightMapIFS, Menger4, _tocylindrical)

Thanks for lookin' smiley

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14995
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 11:50:04 PM by JoeFRAQ » Logged

Happy fractaling,

Joseph Presley
www.FractalAbyss.com
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »

Nice environment and position of the camera

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »

This is my latest addition to my personal gallery:  http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=8494
    Created w/ Mandelbulb3D        DEcombinate{Min nlin}:(HeightMapIFS, Menger4, _tocylindrical)
    Thanks for lookin' smiley
            http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14995

I am wondering about something within the image, towards the bottom center, where the "structure" seems to enter the "fluid", are those waves or part of the structure that is covered with the thick substance??    cheesy

JoeFRAQ
Fractal Lover

JoeFRAQ

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »

I am wondering about something within the image, towards the bottom center, where the "structure" seems to enter the "fluid", are those waves or part of the structure that is covered with the thick substance??    cheesy

I think I understand what you are asking...
the "waves" are an effect of the 'Min nlin' DEcombinate method which creates a smoothing in the areas where the "structure" meets the HeightMap plane.  Depending upon your "Smooth DEcomb" settings, this part of the fractal will try to act like both the structure and the plane.

Happy fractaling,

Joseph Presley
www.FractalAbyss.com
C.K.
Explorer

The Artineer

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »

Sweet stuff!  I especially like that everything seems to have a woven texture.  Very cool.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

I think I understand what you are asking...
    the "waves" are an effect of the 'Min nlin' DEcombinate method which creates a smoothing in the areas where
    the "structure" meets the HeightMap plane.   Depending upon your "Smooth DEcomb" settings, this part of the
    fractal will try to act like both the structure and the plane.

Yes, I understand what is really behind the process in making those areas, but it just seems a bit odd that one portion appears as if it has "waves" while another area has nothing at all like that around the structure.   As in the next "liquid" section closer to the viewer, but a bit more to the left.   You can see a small piece of something sticking up without "waves".  Must be something to do with how much of an object rises above the plane.   If just a fraction sticking up, then it does not "smooth" over it, if it is quite a lot then it also does not produce such a change.   But if it is within a specific small amount, then there will be this greater amount of "smoothing" taking place.   Just seems to be an inconsistency in what takes place.    cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: