Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 05:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Adware blocked by my antivirus software  (Read 1291 times)
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »

Browsing the fractalforums site this evening, I keep getting warnings from my Antivirus software:

Not sure if it's a false positive or whatever, but I just wanted you to know that there could be an issue.

Was going to delve into it a bit but I'm off to bed.

Night all.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 12:55:56 AM »

Browsing the fractalforums site this evening, I keep getting warnings from my Antivirus software:
            http://www.needanother.co.uk/uploads/avast adware blocked.png
    Not sure if it's a false positive or whatever, but I just wanted you to know that there could be an issue.
    Was going to delve into it a bit but I'm off to bed.        Night all.

Yes, there have been some questionable "ads" displayed lately.  Most are safe enough, as long as you do not actually click them.     cheesy

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:36:08 AM »

i am going to remove these suspect ads now, they where a fallback due to problems with the standard google ads, but this problem got resolved, the automatic bot from google classifies our little website as disregarding their rules, but the bot is plain wrong, they thanked me for changing copyright protected/adult material, but i actually did not change anything ...

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

i am going to remove these suspect ads now, they where a fallback due to problems with the standard google ads,
    but this problem got resolved, the automatic bot from google classifies our little website as disregarding their rules,
    but the bot is plain wrong, they thanked me for changing copyright protected/adult material, but i actually did not
    change anything ...

It is a good thing, for I would hate to see some of the Members getting infected with some computer virus and/or malware.     sad

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: