Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mark reporting in...  (Read 2161 times)
Description: Introducing myself
squirreltape
Forums Newbie

Jigsaw Squirrel Me

« on: October 08, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »

Hello one and all,
Wow, this is a really interesting forum group and I count myself fortunate to be here as I have popped in here from time to time over the years for advice and what not.
I started out way back in 1997-8 with FractalExtreme and loved trawling through the mandelbrot set and making zoom-movies. Since then I've dabbled (note that 'dabbled' is a key word, tee hee) with Chaoscope, Incendia (just a bit), Mandelbulb3D, ElectricSheep, Apophysis and more recently JWildfire and Fragmentarium.
My wife and I made the move from England over a decade ago to here in South Wales and with our two young children getting the time for artwork is a bit of a squeeze (at least with the soggy climate I dońt get to do my astrophotography anywhere near as often as Íd like so theres some free time right there (boo hoo)). But I try my best.
Nice to say hello though,
Mark

There are 10 types of people in this world... those that understand Binary and those that don't
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »

Hello one and all,
    Wow, this is a really interesting forum group and I count myself fortunate to be here as I have popped in
    here from time to time over the years for advice and what not.    I started out way back in 1997-8 with
    FractalExtreme and loved trawling through the mandelbrot set and making zoom-movies.   Since then I've
    dabbled (note that 'dabbled' is a key word, tee hee) with Chaoscope, Incendia (just a bit), Mandelbulb3D,
    ElectricSheep, Apophysis and more recently JWildfire and Fragmentarium.    My wife and I made the move
    from England over a decade ago to here in South Wales and with our two young children getting the time
    for artwork is a bit of a squeeze (at least with the soggy climate I dońt get to do my astrophotography a
    anywhere near as often as Íd like so theres some free time right there (boo hoo)).   But I try my best.
    Nice to say hello though,    Mark

Greetings, and welcome to this particular forum !!!     cheesy

Seems as though you have had a good introduction to fractals already, based upon what you have stated above.  And if you have a bit of spare time on your hands these days, then there probably will be something here that could keep you quite busy.  Enjoy your stay!!

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »

hello and welcome to the forums wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
squirreltape
Forums Newbie

Jigsaw Squirrel Me

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:12:45 PM »

Thankyou for that... yes, there is loads here to be keeping me busy  grin
Infact, Ím off now to find the right place to post a question about Glynn Julia sets as it happens.
Thanks again for the greet.

There are 10 types of people in this world... those that understand Binary and those that don't
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »

Thankyou for that... yes, there is loads here to be keeping me busy  grin
    Infact, Ím off now to find the right place to post a question about Glynn Julia sets as it happens.
    Thanks again for the greet.

You might try the following link first:  http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbrot-and-julia-set/glynn-julia-set/

squirreltape
Forums Newbie

Jigsaw Squirrel Me

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »

Thanks Paul, that is exactly the thread Íve been studying for the last 4 or 5 days embarrass
This may be off-topic here but after seeing "FractalRebel"s image above Ramiro Perezs 3d version (along with the other images) I'm struggling to produce any image of the Glynn with the software I have... oh and I'm clueless when the conversation turns to coding and implementing all that wonderful and hard-won knowledge... brings to mind dying of thirst while being swept downstream, ha. The closest I've gotten so far is to find an arc of what looks like the "biomorphs" somehere near the centre of one of the Kali examples in Fragmentarium (below the example "ducks" in the drop down list).
I'll start a new topic over in that board tonight methinks so I don't get told-off hogging this meet'n'greet thread.
Thanks again Paul for the pointer, very much appreciated.

And thanks to cKleinhuis also... I can't find the heightfield Glynn you posted in reply#32 on page 3 of that thread that Paul linked to for me (tried a search but it always sends me to the top of the 203 pages on that particular board...phew).

Thanks again guys

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »

Haha, thx the mystery of the glynn sett lies in the exponent and it is a julia set, so for reproducing it with another program you need to edit the exponent standard for mandelbrot is 2 (z^2+c) and for the glynn this eyponent needs to be set to 1.5 wink

---

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »

I corrected the link, it was using a prettyurl feature that is no longer in use due to heavy database load

---

squirreltape
Forums Newbie

Jigsaw Squirrel Me

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »

Woo... that sure is a nice representation cKleinhuis, thanks for the updated link.  Ok, so I'll try and dig around in the software I've got and amend the equation to z=z^1.5-0.2 ... if I get stuck I'll open a new thread elsewhere for a little guidance... fingers crossed I won't need it (famous last words, ha ha)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: