Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: It's Full of Stars  (Read 776 times)
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:33:07 PM »

It's Full of Stars

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14962

Matchmaker Mandelbrot, showing a zone of parameters with (modulo minibrots -- there are at least 3 tiny ones discernible in this image) no stable attractors (whole-Riemann-sphere Julia sets). My m4d sk1llz with coloring enable making the hidden structure of the region visible as (almost) spacefilling detail -- the minibrots have the usual symmetry doublings around them, so the structures here are the same as in any Mandelbrot image, except that there is no "outside" so the filaments crowd together to occupy every speck of space not in a minibrot interior.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »

It's Full of Stars
            http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14962
    Matchmaker Mandelbrot, showing a zone of parameters with (modulo minibrots -- there are at least 3 tiny
    ones discernible in this image) no stable attractors (whole-Riemann-sphere Julia sets).   My m4d sk1llz with
    coloring enable making the hidden structure of the region visible as (almost) spacefilling detail -- the minibrots
    have the usual symmetry doublings around them, so the structures here are the same as in any Mandelbrot
    image, except that there is no "outside" so the filaments crowd together to occupy every speck of space not
    in a minibrot interior.

Too bad the dimensions of this were not in the precise ratio of 1 : 4 : 9 (the squares of the first three integers).     cheesy

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:45:59 PM »

Since it's only two dimensional, that would have been difficult.

But it is 16:9. wink

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

Too bad the dimensions of this were not in the precise ratio of 1 : 4 : 9 (the squares of the first three integers).     cheesy

Since it's only two dimensional, that would have been difficult.
    But it is 16:9.  wink

Not sure how many people will understand why I said the above, and how it relates to the "title" of your Topic and image.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:09:03 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »

Not sure how many people will understand why I said the above
"Oh my God."

(BTW, beautiful image.)
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »

Thanks!