Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 06:12:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb Plays Piano?  (Read 939 times)
Description: Continuing a series of musically related fractal art
JoeFRAQ
Fractal Lover

JoeFRAQ

« on: October 04, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »

For more information about this image go to: 
http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14949

Happy fractaling,

Joseph Presley
www.FractalAbyss.com
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »

http://nocache-nocookies.digitalgott.com/gallery/14/8494_04_10_13_1_12_20.jpeg
    For more information about this image go to: 
                http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=14949

Hey, Joe... what do you know??    cheesy
Seems like a lot of work just to see if you can do it.  But more power to you, if you got the time to spend on such things!!!

JoeFRAQ
Fractal Lover

JoeFRAQ

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »

It's not just to see if I can do it.  It is for the continuation of my series of musically related fractal art: http://www.fractalabyss.com/Musica/Musical.htm  smiley

It took me about 20 minutes to create the height map and another 20 minutes to figure out how to get Mandelbulb3d to use it and color it.

That's not *too* much time   wink    But since I spend most all of my spare time working fractal art, I can't really defend myself regarding the amount of time I dump into it.  grin

Happy fractaling,

Joseph Presley
www.FractalAbyss.com
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »

It's not just to see if I can do it.  It is for the continuation of my series of musically related fractal art....
    It took me about 20 minutes to create the height map and another 20 minutes to figure out how to get Mandelbulb3d to use it and color it.
    That's not *too* much time   wink    But since I spend most all of my spare time working fractal art,
    I can't really defend myself regarding the amount of time I dump into it.  grin

Believe me, as you should already know about me, I would very well know how much time one can spend on such things.  And I applaud your efforts in creating these images in your series, for that is your passion and interest.     wink

But, that is time spent so far on this image.  And based upon what you explained in your Gallery posting...

Quote from: JoeFRAQ
   This piece is a work in progress.   My goal was to get Mandelbulb3D to produce a music keyboard, and this was accomplished by
    using Photoshop to create a height map for this  pattern.   Overall, I think the project was successful, but I do see some little
    glitches in my map that need to be corrected and I don't like how the black keys turn white towards the bottom.   Maybe I can
    stack 2 height maps together, one for the white keys and one for the black keys to fix this.   This should work... right?

...you will be spending more time on resolving a few issues in the image, extending the total amount by several more minutes (or hours).

If you really wish it to be more true to an actual piano's keyboard, may I suggest another modification.  From the viewer's point of vision, there would be no reflection (or mirroring of) the white keys along the front face of the keyboard, as there now is.  The keyboard drops straight down below the keys, and the view point is above and in front of the keys, therefore nothing should be reflected.  (Try holding a mirror vertically below a table edge and see if you can its reflection when standing in front of it.)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:03:31 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

JoeFRAQ
Fractal Lover

JoeFRAQ

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:56 PM »

Yes...I'm sure I will spend more time trying to make it better...Thank you for the constructive criticism.  It's one of the main reasons I post here and share my learning experience.

Happy fractaling,

Joseph Presley
www.FractalAbyss.com
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »

haha, that gallery you got there is amazing!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: