Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 06:13:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Online Color Challenge  (Read 3338 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:41:22 AM »

How well do you see color?
FACT:  1 out of 255 women and 1 out of 12 men have some form of color vision deficiency.
Take the online color challenge, based on the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue Test.

http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge

BTW, I am a male that has been in his 60's for a few years now, and just scored a "perfect color vision" result.     cheesy

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:17:06 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »

I scored 8, my wife scored 15 (lower scores are better).

Have posted it to facebook to see if anyone else can beat me.  Your perfect score was pretty impressive, but I reckon a lot has to do with the type of monitor you are on, if it is properly calibrated and so on...

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »

I scored 8, my wife scored 15 (lower scores are better).
    Have posted it to facebook to see if anyone else can beat me.   Your perfect score was pretty impressive,
    but I reckon a lot has to do with the type of monitor you are on, if it is properly calibrated and so on...

I am sure a good monitor, which has been calibrated, would make a big difference, but I have never bothered to change anything other than the resolution since I unpacked the one I am currently using.  I have always been very good at spotting minute differences in shape, size, and color (as long as it is not far from my face, since I am near-sighted).     wink

I found that particular web page on a shared-link posting by Pam Blackstone, on her Facebook page.  She had scored a 16, and there was a guy named Jim that scored a 57.  Hal Tenny commented that he had scored a 19.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:41:41 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »

FACT:  1 out of 255 women and 1 out of 12 men have some form of color vision deficiency.

There are new world monkey spacies (actualy most of them) with females having colour vision and males don't. So females sees better in day, but no colour vision males in night.

fractal catalisator
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »

I scored 16. There was a lot of troubles with greens. Rest was ok. Maybe that's why most of my images have not so much greenish colors  grin

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »

I went to the page, did nothing but press "Score Test" and got this:

* test.jpg (244.02 KB, 1330x845 - viewed 773 times.)

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 05:28:55 AM »

I went to the page, did nothing but press "Score Test" and got this:
            http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17313.0;attach=9357;image

That is quite strange, because when I did nothing and hit the same button, it gave me a score of 920 (worst possible value).  Which is just the opposite of what I originally got when I aligned the hues correctly and got a perfect sore of 0 (best possible value).    [See attached]

P.S.  Used Mozilla Firefox 24.0.

* ColorVision.jpg (82.61 KB, 1053x843 - viewed 645 times.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:12:48 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »

That is quite strange, because when I did nothing and hit the same button, it gave me a score of 920 (worst possible value).  Which is just the opposite of what I originally got when I aligned the hues correctly and got a perfect sore of 0 (best possible value).    [See attached]

That is odd.

The glitch is repeatable from here.  Maybe it's my browser settings?  I use firefox with noscript, and only allowed the xrite.com site despite other sites attempting to run scripts.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »

That is odd.    The glitch is repeatable from here.  Maybe it's my browser settings? 
    I use firefox with noscript, and only allowed the xrite.com site despite other sites attempting to run scripts.

Not sure where the Option for "noscript" is, because I could not find that within my version, which is the most current.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »

Not sure where the Option for "noscript" is, because I could not find that within my version, which is the most current.

It's an add-on.  Has to be installed.  Check "Tools>Add-ons" then enter "noscript" in the search field.

It's a great security helper.  Cripples the entire internet, then you allow sites to run scripts one at a time.  Only sites you trust can use java, flash, and many other possible threats.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »

I scored 16.   There was a lot of troubles with greens.   Rest was ok.   Maybe that's why most of my images have not so much greenish colors  grin

I have read that red/green "color blindness" is the most common form connected with color vision deficiency, affecting a significant percentage of the population.  The most usual cause is a fault in the development of one or more sets of retinal cones that perceive color in light and transmit that information to the optic nerve.   This type of color blindness is usually a sex-linked condition.   The genes that produce photopigments are carried on the X chromosome; if some of these genes are missing or damaged, color blindness will be expressed in males with a higher probability than in females because males only have one X chromosome (in females, a functional gene on only one of the two X chromosomes is sufficient to yield the needed photopigments).

aleph0
Alien

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »

I scored 11. Like Buddhi, I had trouble distinguishing the greens.

According to this site, I have deuteranomaly, the most common form of colour blindness:

http://www.colourblindawareness.org/colour-blindness/types-of-colour-blindness/

Oddly, it's worse through one eye than the other for me.
Buddhi
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »

Today after one A Beer Cup I scored 1.  cheesy   Maybe this is an explanation why many artists were drinkers.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:21:26 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

Today after one A Beer Cup I scored 1.  cheesy    Maybe this is an explanation why many artists were drinkers.
Maybe the alcohol has a beneficial effect upon your retinal cones.     jabbering

Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 04:34:05 PM »

My score was 178.
Maybe that tells something about my movies and my program cheesy

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: