Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 06:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Chrod Fracs  (Read 840 times)
chronologicaldot
Forums Freshman

« on: September 28, 2013, 05:15:57 AM »

The first "true" fractal from a program that I'm working on.

Though I'll probably use the program more for synthetic (or "unauthentic") fractals (for the controlled shape) than for true fractals, I still intend to utilize do some where the math does the work so-to-speak.
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »

Looks like the Mandelbrot set, with |re(z)| > N used as escape criterion. A working start. smiley

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 02:30:47 AM »

And N = 2 if the vertical edges I see are actually part of the output. But where's the superimposed circular gradient coming from, I wonder?

chronologicaldot
Forums Freshman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 04:33:45 AM »

And N = 2 if the vertical edges I see are actually part of the output. But where's the superimposed circular gradient coming from, I wonder?
Very good.
This is a render from a fractal program that I'm creating. I create variations that each can create their own points if need be. The first point here is used to create a circular gradient / blur. The second variation is a Mandelbrot variation that simply changes the color of existing points (in this case, to the color red). Thus, if the gradient didn't exist, neither would the Mandelbrot.
At this point, you might be wondering why the red square boundaries extend past the black gradient's edge. This is because the gradient is actually a square blur with an alpha channel determined by the radius. It happens to be faster to do this than create a true radial blur.

Thanks for taking interest. smiley
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »

The first "true" fractal from a program that I'm working on.
            http://imageshack.us/a/img405/6301/d9cq.png
    Though I'll probably use the program more for synthetic (or "unauthentic") fractals (for the controlled shape)
    than for true fractals, I still intend to utilize do some where the math does the work so-to-speak.

Programming a fractal rendering application is always a good test of one's programming ability.  And usually ends up a learning exercise in the process.     cheesy

Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »

Programming a fractal rendering application is always a good test of one's programming ability.  And usually ends up a learning exercise in the process.     cheesy

Indeed.

chronologicaldot
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:14 AM »

My how things have changed. I haven't worked on my old programs for a while, but I started developing a 3D iterated mesh program, similar to Structure Synth but more user-friendly.

For the past year, year and a half, I've been working with JWildfire.
Here's some of my recent work:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: