Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 11:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is anybody creating 3D anaglyph Mandelbulbs  (Read 3954 times)
Description: Looking for 3D anaglyph images
Duncan C
Fractal Fanatic

« on: September 25, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »

I was approached last week by a publisher who found my 3D fractal anaglyph images on Flickr. They are putting together a book of fractal anaglyphs, and asked me if I wanted to submit any of my images.

The project doesn't pay very much, but the exposure is excellent, both for me, for my application, and for the industry.

I haven't been here in quite a while, so I've lost track of what everybody's been doing.

Is anybody creating striking 3D anaglyph images that they'd like to see in print?  (Stereoscopic images that you view using red/cyan 3D glasses.) I'm thinking that some of the Mandelbulb images I've seen would look awesome in 3D. If so, I can give your name to the publisher for consideration for the book. They want my images by the end of the week, so time is likely fairly short.

Regards,

Duncan Champney
Creator of FractalWorks for Macintosh

Regards,

Duncan C
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:12:25 PM »

I was approached last week by a publisher who found my 3D fractal anaglyph images on Flickr.   They are putting
    together a book of fractal anaglyphs, and asked me if I wanted to submit any of my images.
    The project doesn't pay very much, but the exposure is excellent, both for me, for my application, and for the industry.
    I haven't been here in quite a while, so I've lost track of what everybody's been doing.
    Is anybody creating striking 3D anaglyph images that they'd like to see in print?  (Stereoscopic images that you
    view using red/cyan 3D glasses.)   I'm thinking that some of the Mandelbulb images I've seen would look awesome
    in 3D.   If so, I can give your name to the publisher for consideration for the book.   They want my images by the
    end of the week, so time is likely fairly short.

Have not seen too many ever posted here, in fact your images are the only ones that come to mind, since I think they are very good examples.  Hope this leads to better exposure for you and your application!!!     cheesy

stereoman
Fractal Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »

Mybe I´m out of Schedule, but I do Mandelbulb anaglyphs , also mixed with 3D models.
   to see a glimpse take a look at this link 
   http://www.sargodeatargatis.es/dkt-3d.html
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »

Mybe I´m out of Schedule, but I do Mandelbulb anaglyphs , also mixed with 3D models.
    to see a glimpse take a look at this link     http://www.sargodeatargatis.es/dkt-3d.html

An interesting combination of Mandelbulb/box images with various underwater creatures, divers, and submersibles.  Only thing missing are the bubbles that normally arise from tanks, etc...     cheesy

marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »

to see a glimpse take a look at this link 
   http://www.sargodeatargatis.es/dkt-3d.html

That submarine should be yellow, no?  grin

fwiw, boxplorer2 can do real-time anaglyph, if you have decent GPU.
https://code.google.com/p/boxplorer2/wiki/Stereoscopy
stereoman
Fractal Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:34 PM »

An interesting combination of Mandelbulb/box images with various underwater creatures, divers, and submersibles.  Only thing missing are the bubbles that normally arise from tanks, etc...     cheesy

You are right, of course, I tried to use bubbles, there´s no problem with this, the problem arise when you try to combine the render with the background, as you know, bubbles are clear, and you see the background trough them, and  the rendered bubbles don´t allow to see the added background, so they look very unnatural.

Maybe some of the math wizards in the fórum could allow us to render bubbles inside Mandelbulber.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:38:54 PM by stereoman » Logged
stereoman
Fractal Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »

That submarine should be yellow, no?  grin

fwiw, boxplorer2 can do real-time anaglyph, if you have decent GPU.
https://code.google.com/p/boxplorer2/wiki/Stereoscopy

You´re right, too, the yellow color is used underwater because of it´s visibility in case of accident.
I think this sub is part of a military fleet, it don´t want to be seen.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

You´re right, too, the yellow color is used underwater because of it´s visibility in case of accident.
    I think this sub is part of a military fleet, it don´t want to be seen.

I wish to believe that "marius" was referring to a particular "Yellow Submarine", as in the album and film.     cheesy

stereoman
Fractal Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »

I wish to believe that "marius" was referring to a particular "Yellow Submarine", as in the album and film.     cheesy

Yes, I have understood it that way, too, but in the real world it is probably yellow, as I seem to recall.
Softology
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »

Is anybody creating striking 3D anaglyph images that they'd like to see in print?  (Stereoscopic images that you view using red/cyan 3D glasses.) I'm thinking that some of the Mandelbulb images I've seen would look awesome in 3D. If so, I can give your name to the publisher for consideration for the book. They want my images by the end of the week, so time is likely fairly short.

My gallery of grayscale, half color and full color anaglyph Mandelbulbs.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39445835@N05/sets/72157623250801822/

Jason.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »

My gallery of grayscale, half color and full color anaglyph Mandelbulbs.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/39445835@N05/sets/72157623250801822/

Several really good examples on your web page, a couple of them seem to "jump out" more than the other ones.   Enjoyed the viewing!!!     cheesy

Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »

Hmm, That kinda looks like fun... Is there a way to make 3D anaglyphs in M3D? Might be nice to make a movie that way...

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
marius
Fractal Lover

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 03:14:33 AM »

Hmm, That kinda looks like fun... Is there a way to make 3D anaglyphs in M3D? Might be nice to make a movie that way...

It would be sad to render movies in anaglyph at the compute stage.
Instead render left & right eye in full glory and youtube can dumb it down to anaglyph as a post-process step, if the viewer has that as preference.

Arguably, not rendering in 3d is even worse  hurt
Madman
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »

Tnx Marius! I think... Didn't know that youtube could do that. Time to dive into the M3D readme file about left en right eye views!

All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power (Ashleigh Brilliant)
Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 06:14:14 AM »

Hi,

Here you can find some of mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rathinagiri/sets/72157635689497656/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: