Logo by rathinagiri - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 03:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: New to this forum  (Read 1333 times)
Description: Book recommendations
fractalbob
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:19:55 AM »

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to the world of fractals. I'd like some recommendations for books on fractals. My interest is in creating high resolution fractal images of at least 2000x3000 pixels in tiff or jpg format to print out, particularly the swirly ones. Maybe it's too early for me now, but if you have recommendations for software programs for Windows XP, that too would be appreciated. Thanks.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »

hi there and welcome to the forums !

so, as with every newbie on the forum here is my personal list of special fractal programs

One of the newer Fractal programs is certainly "Fractal Science Kit" which produces great images
and gives you many ui elements to design you rfractal

and in my point of view "ultrafractal" is still the ruler, it is a bit less intuitive ( you have to plunge your
formulas by hand ) but it is the far most complete fractal program i can imagine, the program is commercial ( at a very low price )
but you can use all of its features ( beside of rendering large images ) in the trial version

and if you like non standard fractals you should give "Apophysis" (free) "Incendia" (free?) and "Xenodream" (commercial)

thats it for me
have fun!

cheers
 afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro police alien

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:48:17 AM »

Greetings, and welcome to this particular Forum !!!      smiley

You can use the following link to get a list of software.  It is in order by the most tried/used of all fractal generating programs.

Finding Fractal Related Software

As to some good books to read, try going here:

Favourite Books on Fractals

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: