Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractalforums and UltrafractalWiki.com Spring 2009 Competition Results  (Read 14481 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: June 01, 2009, 01:38:46 PM »

Here are the Official results of the "Fractalforums and UltrafractalWiki.com Spring 2009 Fractal Art Competition" !

first of all:

Thank you for Participating in the Fractalforums Competition 2009 and Congratulations to the winner of the contests
in fact we have really a winner rocking all sections: titia - a special congratulation here !
to name the other members that made it under the first three:
Dinkidau, HPDZ, Dharnia, Hypnogems and Margit Schüttler Congratulations !

To make the price giving not over complicated tita has agreed to get the price for only one
section, so we have the possibility to give *a little* smaller prices to the second ones in
each section, so please contact me
Dinkidau,dharnia,Margit Schüttler

Some statistics:

- 57 Total Entries
- 13 Total Contestants
- 27 Images in the 2d Section
- 19 Images in the 3d Section
- 11 Images in the Artwork Section
- 474 Counted votes.

The voting has been adjusted a little bit, the lists below display the best image of each contestant. Click on
the Detail Link provided under each List to display the remaining images.

First Section: 2d Art

#ratingimageusertitle
14.31titiaPole Dancing Fractalview
23.50DinkydauJuliaview
33.45HPDZSecant Butterfly IIview
43.42dharniaIn the windview
53.18Margit SchttlerSundial ...view
63.00David MakinLizardview
73.00IlionstarSnake Headview
82.75bibSpace budsview
92.67AGUSFractal2d-2view
102.56HypnogemsApophysis -- Blue CosmosScapeview
112.14ramblerettecrossview
122.00PauldelbrotGhost Budview

View Detailed results

Second Section: 3d Art

#ratingimageusertitle
14.67titiaLinesview
24.44dharniaSpiral of Lightview
34.08HypnogemsGolden Ammonite Fossilview
43.42David MakinEgyptian Relicview
52.88AGUSFractal3d-1view
62.75PauldelbrotShroomsview
72.57IlionstarDeep Impactview
82.40DinkydauJulian and bubblesview
View Detailed results

Second Section: Artwork

#ratingimageusertitle
14.80titiaFearview
24.33Margit SchttlerMy wild work :-)))view
33.50dharniaQueen's dressview
43.17TrifoxFractalforums.com Gallery Flashview
52.89AGUSAbstractview
62.86DinkydauDinkydau wallpaperview

View Detailed results

afro
the fractalforums.com Admin Team

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:54:03 PM »

congrats to all, especially titia for an amazing sweep! a well-earned first place, your fractals are among my favourites smiley

cheers trifox for again hosting this great little compo, and sorry i couldn't take part this year!

titia
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »

JIPPIE !!!! :-) Oh, this is overwhelming... Yes, I saw the results coming in, and I was already very surprised. Oh, this is so nice for my ego :-)

Congrats to all the winners.

...the "Pole Dancing Fractal" was created with a formulaplay of my own :-)

Years ago, my mathteacher refused to let me take part of a computer course (optional on school). It was "a waste of his time and of mine". I was really, really a bad mathstudent, but I was very interested in the computer. But no... I wasn't allowed in that class.

One of the first things I did when my husband bought a computer, was looking for fractalprograms :-) My first program was Fractint. I have never understood the math behind it, but I learned to use words like "abs", "recip", "tan", and so on, and numbers. I only looked for hours what was changed when I changed a word or a number. I was immediately fascinated.

No, I still don't understand math, but nevertheless I can play with it. ...and now I can create nice looking images.
gamma
Safarist

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

JIPPIE !!!! :-) Oh, this is overwhelming... Yes, I saw the results coming in, and I was already very surprised. Oh, this is so nice for my ego :-)

Congrats to all the winners.

...the "Pole Dancing Fractal" was created with a formulaplay of my own :-)

Years ago, my mathteacher refused to let me take part of a computer course (optional on school). It was "a waste of his time and of mine". I was really, really a bad mathstudent, but I was very interested in the computer. But no... I wasn't allowed in that class.

One of the first things I did when my husband bought a computer, was looking for fractalprograms :-) My first program was Fractint. I have never understood the math behind it, but I learned to use words like "abs", "recip", "tan", and so on, and numbers. I only looked for hours what was changed when I changed a word or a number. I was immediately fascinated.

No, I still don't understand math, but nevertheless I can play with it. ...and now I can create nice looking images.

I forgot to vote, but I knew you were going to win. Math is not so hard, its just the orbit and those few rules about fixed points, basins of attraction...
I must thank the Second person in place Dinkydau, for "Julia" - an amazing aggregate of inner power. Also, Dharnia for 3D art "Spiral of Light" - I bet - gamble - on this: its 2D fractal in essence. Did I guess right?
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 08:02:52 PM »

>Trifox wrote >we have really a winner rocking all sections: titia - a special congratulation here !

I agree here - my congratulations for the winners
and especially for Titia !!! :-)))
I say thank you for rating my Fractals & the wild creation -
and say thank you too to Trifox for a lot of work around - you got it again :-)))
Margit
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 08:07:25 PM »

Titia wrote >Years ago, my mathteacher refused to let me take part of a computer course (optional on school).
It was "a waste of his time and of mine".

Dear Titia ,
I think you should send him a l l the Fractals you ceated - so he could do his * homework * now !
My congratulations here again for you & lieve groetjes :-)))
Margit
dharnia
Forums Freshman

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »

At first, Titia, please receive my congratulations for the absolute first place, and of course for every contestants for a lot of nice pictures.

Especially thanks for everybody for the ratings.

I'd like to say a big Thanks to Trifox for the havy work during the contest.

titia
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »

...(blushing...)... in my enthousiasme I forgot to thank Trifox... It is a lot of work: maintaining this site AND do extra things like this competition! A BIG hug, dear Trifox.
And... of course: thank you friends for all the votes and views !
Hypnogems
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 06:53:48 AM »

In my enthusiasm, I forgot both to thank Trifox for hosting the compo and forum,
plus thank everyone who rated and commented on my pieces!  This was my first true
compo, and it was a lot of fun.  Hope to do it again next year!
Ilionstar
Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »

First of all, I congratulate Titia for winning the contest and in the three sections!!!  Amazing work!  cheesy
I congratulate and the others competitors, for their amazing work too!  cheesy
And I thank Trifox for his comments and supporting all of us, especially the new ones in the forum, like me.
You must know, this is my first forum for fractals & my first competition and the good thing is that looking to your very nice work people, made me to create more fractals!
But now, I have to go to my summer work and I don't have the time and internet, to continue creating!
With God's bless, I'll be back October, and then I'll give you more fractal images! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Have a nice Summer to all of you!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: