Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 04:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello From Chaos Ignored  (Read 424 times)
Description: My DontDeleteMe post
makerofmobiles
Forums Newbie

« on: August 25, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »

Learned Fractint for DOS and later the Windows version. Never could predict what my formula attempts might look like. Joined a few contests but felt my images were the worst so I backed off. Have tried a number of other fractal generators like Mandelbulb and Apophysis and Ultra Fractal but rarely put much time into it anymore. Too many of the forums were dominated by a few who liked to see their names a lot and added tons of LOL's to all their postings . . . like Facebook social networking in a way.

I enjoy making things with my hands a lot more now and have backed off digital art almost completely. Eh?
eiffie
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »

There are some people doing some interesting hand-made fractals here. Not many as I suppose it is infinitely time consuming. LOL LOL LOL You are too funny eiffie! smiley
mkbrouse
Explorer

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:32:00 AM »

Learned Fractint for DOS and later the Windows version. Never could predict what my formula attempts might look like. Joined a few contests but felt my images were the worst so I backed off. Have tried a number of other fractal generators like Mandelbulb and Apophysis and Ultra Fractal but rarely put much time into it anymore. Too many of the forums were dominated by a few who liked to see their names a lot and added tons of LOL's to all their postings . . . like Facebook social networking in a way.

I enjoy making things with my hands a lot more now and have backed off digital art almost completely. Eh?

Well, welcome! Even though I have done the same thing by messing around with both programs and dropping them for a long time.  embarrass I haven't really seen any other fractal forums except this one, and it seems like a slow forum for me - unless I'm missing a lot and don't know it since I haven't been here much.  grin

What have you been making with your hands? I know I have been cleaning the house, doing dishes and laundry with mine.  cheesy

Thanks!
Michelle
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »

Learned Fractint for DOS and later the Windows version.  Never could predict what my formula attempts might look like.
Joined a few contests but felt my images were the worst so I backed off.  Have tried a number of other fractal generators....

Greetings, and welcome to this particular forum !!!
If you started with FractInt, then you most likely began playing around with fractals many years ago.   wink 
As to fractal related contests, so many of them became controlled by "cliques" and really were not worth the trouble, unless you kissed their collective buts a lot.   fiery

Too many of the forums were dominated by a few who liked to see their names a lot and added tons of LOL's to all their postings . . .
like Facebook social networking in a way.

Quite a few of them have died off and gone by the way side.  Newsgroups, Email Lists, groups on Yahoo!, Google, and other places are either closed are basically dead from lack of involvement.  Not really that much going on like there used to be, when there were so many places could be joined.     sad

I enjoy making things with my hands a lot more now and have backed off digital art almost completely.  Eh?

Nothing wrong with that !!!  There are a few artists around that appreciate the "physical" aspect of their work much more.  Some doing sculptures, some doing hand drawn images, and more people every day are getting into using 3-D printers to create fractal objects.  The latter is now quite possible for very little expense these days.   cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: