Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hi from the New Forest  (Read 652 times)
cybermystic
Forums Newbie

« on: July 24, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »

Hi all,
I run the New Forest Observatory in Hampshire U.K. but have been playing with fractals since the year dot.  My first memories of fractal play were creating fractals on a 38something and a high resolution colour CRT monitor.  No digital printers way back then so I used a film camera (no digital cameras then either) to photograph the screen and then use photo services to give me a big A1 size print of the piccie.  Heady days - and haven't we come a long way since?
Greg
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »

we have come a long way, indeed, hello and welcome to the forums!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
simon.snake
Fractal Bachius

Experienced Fractal eXtreme plugin crasher!

simon.fez SimonSideBurns
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

Hi cybermystic

The New Forest, a lovely place to wonder and see the wonder of nature.

I live in Purbrook, just outside of Portsmouth and visit the New Forest once in a while.  We're having our house adapted and have just been decanted into Fratton for 4 weeks.

I didn't know there was an Observatory in the forest.  That's been kept well hidden.

Recently I purchased (on ebay) a Meade 4500 telescope, and have been having some issues trying to get it set up as I think some of the parts of the tripod are missing.  I only paid £56 so can't grumble, but I need to sort out some additional eyepieces as I could barely make out Saturn with the rings as a small irregular dot in the viewer.

Great view of the moon the other month.  I attempted to take several pictures of the moon with the camera on my phone but it was a bit tricky.  Could make out the craters and mountains at the edges.

Maybe we could private message and I can give you my contact details.

To anyone viewing my posts and finding missing/broken links to a website called www.needanother.co.uk, I still own the domain but recently cancelled my server (saving £30/month) so even though the domain address exists, it points nowhere.  I hope to one day sort something out but for now - sorry!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:15:47 AM »

Hi all,        I run the New Forest Observatory in Hampshire U.K. but have been playing with fractals since
    the year dot.   My first memories of fractal play were creating fractals on a 38something and a high resolution
    colour CRT monitor.   No digital printers way back then so I used a film camera (no digital cameras then either)
    to photograph the screen and then use photo services to give me a big A1 size print of the piccie.   Heady days
    - and haven't we come a long way since?

Greetings, and a belated welcome to this particular forum !!!    cheesy

Definitely been a few years since those "old" days of having to photograph monitors.   And what fractal rendering applications have you used over the years??   Anything of late??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: