Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 03:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is FRAGMENTARIUM the best program related by FRACTALFORUMS?  (Read 8437 times)
Description: poll
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 06:25:44 AM »

look on this page https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error/ Solution 3: Increase the GPU Processing Time
and try the latest version of Fragmentarium (1.0.25) I have briefly tested on Win10 and it seems to work fine.
if this doesn't work then I'm sorry  sad but you will have to use a version before v0.9.12b  cry

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:14 PM »

I have version FRAGMENTARIUM WINDOWS BINARY v0.9.12b ".exe" application.
Certain setting there or if  I try to open an example "experimental/knot.frag" or "experimental/tetrahedron-alternative.frag" from the drop-down button "examples"  one example can make programs FS UAE and MOZILLA and MACROMEDIA DREAMWEAVER to closing with error "The .....  was encountered an error (bug) and need to close" with the button down "close program".
I forgot to say that FRAGMENTARIUM when crash and having conflict with other programs, can harm the operating system with the error "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" (display driver intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has succesfull recovered.), and make FRAGMENTARIUM to close with error "FRAGMENTARIUM CRASH" with two buttons "Debug" and "close" .

Other misfunctionalies of FRAGMENTARIUM was been related by user CRIST-JROGER at his complaint "Periodically I get BSOD 0x00000018 and sometimes rarely 116. I use catalyst 15.7.1, before that I used last Crimson package driver. Can anybody recommend stable driver for win7x64?
I got bsod just when use resource-intensive features (texturing+height mapping), or a lot of details, or increase distance." on his topic

BSOD is one of the most serious error of the programs, when operating system to crash, that it's happening at programs when the programs has viruses.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:02:48 PM by TheRedshiftRider » Logged
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 02:16:43 PM »

v0.9.12b  huh? "b" is for beta. v1.0.25 is the most recent vers

by virus do you mean bugs? did windows recently update the gfx drivers?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

hagredfjay
Forums Newbie

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »

BSOD is one of the most serious error of the programs, when operating system to crash, that it's happening at programs when the programs has viruses.

lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 12:57:21 AM »

lolz! grin

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 02:18:47 AM »

cop indeed BSOD is a very serious problem  cry ... but I don't have that problem, it seems to run fine on my systems Win 10 and SuSE 13.2, both 64bit cpus with nVidia cards.

criticism is easy, solutions are a bit harder, if anyone can document a problem so that I can reproduce it or show me the code that is causing a problem I would be more than happy to (try to) fix it.

on the other hand, if all I get are demands and/or destructive criticism with unfounded accusations then you are most welcome to fix it yourself as I  have made the source with ALL of my changes, modifications and additions available to anyone that wants it.

please don't blame Fragmentarium for OS issues or inadequate gfx card/drivers, it does require a slightly above average system to run properly.

if you are really concerned about virus' then I encourage all to look at the code and compile it on a clean system before running the executable, which, imho, is the way it should be done anyways.

if you have these problems with v0.9.12 then that version is from before I made any changes and you might want to re-examine your system.

lolz! grin
@lycium  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

SCORPION
Conqueror

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 02:54:50 AM »

I fragmentarium never causes BSOD.

To get everything working properly, you need a good mix of iron-system program. If the majority of people are still working properly, then the problem is not in the program.
Just silly to adapt to each individual computer.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »

@SCORPION  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

compile your own gets linked to the DLLs for your system is the best way, optimized to your own hardware  instead of mine wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 01:55:27 AM »

lolz! grin
Nope, this is not funny. The fractalforums.com obviously lost their hairy balls. I remember times when users told me "OMG, I fear to register at FF because there are only pro-hardcore-math-freaks, I can not competite with them, they will not even talk to me or let me talk". While this is not really desirable, the current development is also not, in my opinion.

There are people telling bullshit about free software at the level of modern TV shows and FF does what? Not defeating, but tolerating it and creating new funny accounts and posting funny gifs?

Get your balls back, do not tolerate those stupidity! People who do are too dumb to use computers and are insultung others with their half-knowledge should not be tolerated HERE, as this is not a support forum for learning to work with computers or to learn how to animate apes with Powerpoint. It is the place where the Mandelbulb and other stuff was invented.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to ban me as I had an opinion!

Evil greets,
Andreas
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 02:45:04 AM »

I will see your 2 cents and raise you a nickel.

You have a valid point and having an opinion is ok in my books,
hagredfjay  huh?  amounts to nonsensical clutter and should be removed.

maybe a questionnaire regarding math background, coding history, field of research, academic pursuits, commercial application, should be reviewed by a random panel of members before granting access to an applicant, say, at least 3 members have to give a thumbs up based on skills or what they can verify that was submitted in the questionnaire.
just a thought... but upon reflection, that sounds somewhat elitist and might be too much work to pull off. snore
is there a "code of conduct" document ? does FF need more  Order in the court !! cop Now !! police                        huh?

it would be nice to see this thread get back to the headline topic  sad

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 04:41:26 AM »

hagredfjay  huh?  amounts to nonsensical clutter and should be removed.

it would be nice to see this thread get back to the headline topic  sad
The headline topic was started by hgjf2
See his quoted issues below.

Other misfunctionalies of FRAGMENTARIUM was been related by user CRIST-JROGER at his complaint "Periodically I get BSOD 0x00000018 and sometimes rarely 116. I use catalyst 15.7.1, before that I used last Crimson package driver. Can anybody recommend stable driver for win7x64?
I got bsod just when use resource-intensive features (texturing+height mapping), or a lot of details, or increase distance." on his topic

About "problemming running FRAGMENTARIUM". I founded new bugs at FRAGMENTARIUM: taking new type of fractals, FRAGMENTARIUM may entry in conflict with other programs, not only that FRAGMENTARIUM don't show this fractal or crashing.

Yes!Is obviously, Yet FRACTALFORUMS love very much FRAGMENTARIUM, that every week are used the two branch of two topics

Yet FRACTALFORUMS asserting that FRAGMENTARIUM would be best fractal programs.
FRACTALFORUMS continuing to adulating FRAGMENTARIUM, with two chapters dedicated him "Fractal programs" and "Multiplatform" allthrough
exist a topic against FRAGMENTARIUM named "problemming running FRAGMENTARIUM"

FRAGMENTARIUM is not so good!
FRAGMENTARIUM need specially GPU else crash.

Yes, those programs are fine, I believe that MANDELBULBER is the best program.
I couldn't stand how to repeat the chapter "Fragmentarium" at "Programming" branch and "Multiplatform" branch but those are domains of using.
mclarekin
Fractal Senior

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 04:51:42 AM »

math background, coding history, field of research, academic pursuits, commercial application,

that would have ruled me out! grin Maybe that would have been a good thing? shocked

now i digress for fun!

Too strict an entrance criteria would have restricted me from enjoying the several role-play characters I am at this site.
Delete my imaginary characters folder and stick with the boring default settings of "mclarekin".

back to serious
One solution is to simply post

"I do not agree, but choose to not debate at this time"

There is now a record in the post that will alert users to the fact that the previous post  cannot be assumed to be correct. Reader beware.

I have read a lot of forums posts, and now have a good idea of the members that post the "right" stuff. (which is most of you)

In my ignorance I have written incorrect assumptions and feel guilty that I have not since  tracked them down and corrected them. So they remain unchallenged and uncorrected. sad
In the end it comes down to how best  use available time,

Register disagreement, then get back to the more important work. That could be the FF way.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 05:43:26 AM »

@0Encrypted0 yes I've read this thread from the first post and would have to agree with hgjf2, there are bugs, there are problems, there are issues etc... such is the nature of experimental opensource software, so I re-iterate...
criticism is easy, solutions are a bit harder, if anyone can document a problem so that I can reproduce it or show me the code that is causing a problem I would be more than happy to (try to) fix it.
...unless the invested party can provide a working solution, then we could use that.

@mclarekin (et al) I too would fall into that category , 'twas more a statement to illustrate the futility rather than a suggested action.

...this (thread) is not "the right stuff", so, back to the more important work...

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

0Encrypted0
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 06:16:11 AM »

@0Encrypted0 yes I've read this thread from the first post and would have to agree with hgjf2, there are bugs, there are problems, there are issues etc... such is the nature of experimental opensource software, so I re-iterate......unless the invested party can provide a working solution, then we could use that.

...this (thread) is not "the right stuff", so, back to the more important work...

I do not agree with hgjf2.
My point in quoting the earlier posts was to point out hgjf2's original intent of this topic.
I couldn't stand how to repeat the chapter "Fragmentarium" at "Programming" branch and "Multiplatform" branch
FRAGMENTARIUM is not so good!
FRACTALFORUMS continuing to adulating FRAGMENTARIUM, with two chapters dedicated him "Fractal programs" and "Multiplatform"
and so on ...

TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 07:47:57 AM »

Things are getting away from the main subject of the topic. This is good.

I will split this topic and we can continue on that seperate thread. Just these few posts contain a lot of useful information for the moderators as well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:28:16 AM by TheRedshiftRider » Logged

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: