Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 08:44:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Is FRAGMENTARIUM the best program related by FRACTALFORUMS?  (Read 7760 times)
Description: poll
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »

FRAGMENTARIUM have two big chapters: one at PROGRAMING, one at MULTIPLATFORM. Rather FRAGMENTARIUM was adulating, probabily because contain algoritmic section and complexity using this program.
 Sponge Bob happy Wow
Although, FRAGMENTARIUM is strange name else "defragmenter" isn't math term and "Disk defragmenter" is WINDOWS component.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

No single program can be called "The Best" - for differing purposes different software is the best for the job.

It's mostly a matter of taste.

Some find UltraFractal to be the best and the range includes those who think Mandelbulb3D, Mandelbulber, FractalExtreme, Mutatorkammer, Chaoscope, Fractal Science Kit, Xenodream, and far too many others to list.

Each has it's supporters and detractors.

What do you mean by "The Best"?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »

Yes, those programs are fine, I believe that MANDELBULBER is the best program.
I couldn't stand how to repeat the chapter "Fragmentarium" at "Programming" branch and "Multiplatform" branch but those are domains of using.
Now I remember that MANDELBULB occur at "Mandelbulb" branch, and at "The 3D Mandelbulb" branch like a competition. So a program can be describe in many domains.
 educated Yes !! O K !!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »

you are right, the structure of the forum has grown somehow, and sometimes i missed something, for fragmentarium i think it was because at first it was a general programming environment, but when it grew more and more comfortable due to the available scripts ands user interface i made a more general section for it .... this might be the reason for the 2 sections, i am afraid i do not know anymore for myself sad

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:51 PM »

Although, FRAGMENTARIUM is strange name else "defragmenter" isn't math term and "Disk defragmenter" is WINDOWS component.

I think fragmentarium  come from  the shader code used is also called a "fragment shader" wink
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:27:03 PM by vinz » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »

sure, since fragmentarium just uses the "fragment" shader, other shaders like "vertex" and "geometry" shaders are intentionally left out, because the idea behind it was to just make rendering of 2d fractals or raymarched 3d fractals as easy as possible

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

RE: the title of this thread...   imho it is shocked

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 09:16:58 AM »

FRAGMENTARIUM have two big chapters: one at PROGRAMING, one at MULTIPLATFORM. Rather FRAGMENTARIUM was adulating, probabily because contain algoritmic section and complexity using this program.

Now at chapters named "Fragmentarium" it posting many topics as soon as FRAGMENTARIUM would be the best fractal program.
 embarrass thanks sign smiley lineup joy
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »

FRAGMENTARIUM is not so good!
FRAGMENTARIUM need specially GPU else crash.
I downloaded FRAGMENTARIUM, but unfortunethly when I open 3D hyperbollic thesselation space, this on WINDOWS 7 on other PC (that on my computer with internet with WINDOWS XP but old, FRAGMENTARIUM stop working), occur the error "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" followed that "Fragmentarium.exe has stopped working" and FRAGMENTARIUM crash.

Examples of files:

* hyperbolic-tesselation-3-5-3-colored-named-00.frag (19.17 KB - downloaded 118 times.)
* hyperbolic-tesselation-5-3-n-colored-named-00.frag (36.43 KB - downloaded 132 times.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:40:55 AM by hgjf2 » Logged
hgjf2
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »

death jamming
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:26 PM »

FRAGMENTARIUM is not so good!
FRAGMENTARIUM need specially GPU else crash.
I downloaded FRAGMENTARIUM, but unfortunethly when I open 3D hyperbollic thesselation space, this on WINDOWS 7 on other PC (that on my computer with internet with WINDOWS XP but old, FRAGMENTARIUM stop working), occur the error "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" followed that "Fragmentarium.exe has stopped working" and FRAGMENTARIUM crash.

Examples of files:

Heh... windows have a 2s (or something like that) timeout.
If the GPU is spending more than 2s on a loop/instruction/thread/kernel/something locking display for more than 2s it "recover" the driver.
It can be changed/disabled in the registry.
Fragmentarium is good  grin

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »

linux has about a 6 sec timeout and can be turned off completely, in the xorg.conf "Option Interactive = 0", intended for running with no display, it does work with a display  but can leave the machine hung or cook your GPU if your not careful (GTX 9800 R.I.P.) the timeout is there for a good reason.

but hey if your going to cook a GPU I think Fragmentarium would be the most fun way to do it smiley

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
eiffie
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 08:54:31 PM »

haha. That is why I like the cheap lower power models. You can run them full throttle for days. At least that has been my experience so far. (fingers crossed)
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »

Well, at least you can set a 30s or 1mn timeout.
When you're doing heavy stuff, 2s is nothing smiley

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
Syntopia
Fractal Molossus

syntopiadk
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »

FRAGMENTARIUM is not so good! FRAGMENTARIUM need specially GPU else crash.

As pointed out above, this is a GPU driver watchdog issue. See the Fragmentarium FAQ for suggestions on how to circumvent htis: http://blog.hvidtfeldts.net/index.php/2011/12/fragmentarium-faq/

Fragmentarium is certainly not the best fractal software wrt rendering quality, usability, or features, but one of the thing I'm very pleased with is actually is the name :-) It is indeed a combination of Fragment Shader and Experimentarium.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: