Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello Fractal's Fellow  (Read 692 times)
Endemyon
Forums Freshman

« on: July 13, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »

Hello, my name is Yann, i'm French.
I discovered the fractal structures in february in a documentary starring Benoit Mandelbrot.
What a slap in my face ! So much beauty so complex, chaotic, beautifull !
I decided to create my own program for creating fractal.

I have made 3 program, wich calculate
-Generalized Julia sets
-Generalized Mandelbrot Set
-Generalized Newton's Method fractal

I'm interested to make 3D fractals with ray tracing technic but a little help would be greatfully accepted  

There are great pictures on the gallery !

Edit:How can i upload a picture ?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:55:35 PM by Endemyon » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

I am not the programmer I used to be  (when I learned to program, I was punching cards - and never kept up with newer techniques!), so I can't help with your question, but there is at least one top quality and open source 3D Fractal Generator - Mandelbulber.  The code can be found here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelbulber/

It can surely help give you an idea how to proceed.

Hope it helps.

How can i upload a picture ?

Just go to our Gallery  (link at the top of the page) and select the appropriate category, then find the "add picture" link, and go from there.

To put a picture in a post on the forum. it's best to host it externally and embed it.  The attachment feature is only for very small files, usually just parameters or other non-image files.  But it can be used for very small images if you like.

Again, hope that helps.

I look forward to seeing your work.  Are your programs available anywhere?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:33:31 PM by Sockratease, Reason: Speelinf Eroorz » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Endemyon
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 01:50:34 AM »

Hello Sockratease !
Thank you for the link, i gonna look what it gets there  :smiley
I will put some pictures in the gallery

I have to finish an interface with some user's controls.
But after this i'll be glad to give it to who ask me to !

Edit: First Picture !!! A little one, sorry, i will adapt further upload to fractalforum format
 cheesy  Mandelbrot Set Order 4.5  cheesy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:30:59 AM by Endemyon » Logged
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »

Hello, my name is Yann, i'm French.        I discovered the fractal structures in february in a
    documentary starring Benoit Mandelbrot.    What a slap in my face !   So much beauty so complex,
    chaotic, beautifull !   I decided to create my own program for creating fractal.
    I have made 3 program, wich calculate
        -Generalized Julia sets
        -Generalized Mandelbrot Set
        -Generalized Newton's Method fractal
    I'm interested to make 3D fractals with ray tracing technic but a little help would be greatfully accepted 
    I have to finish an interface with some user's controls.    But after this i'll be glad to give it to who ask me to !
    Edit:  First Picture !!!   A little one, sorry, i will adapt further upload to fractalforum format
     cheesy  Mandelbrot Set Order 4.5  cheesy

Greetings, and a belated welcome to this particular forum !!!    cheesy

It has been about three months since you last posted anything to this forum (a total of three items).   Was wondering what has happened to you, and how things are going with your programs??

DarkBeam
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Fragments of the fractal -like the tip of it

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 05:38:46 PM »

You are reinventing the wheel? cheesy There are hundreds of great premade proggies for free!  A Beer Cup welcome

No sweat, guardian of wisdom!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: