Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 12:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FRAGMENTARIUM - My first video Test  (Read 2181 times)
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »

Hi 3Dickulus.

I've taken some time to build another test animation, i had some hard time to encode it smoothly ! but everything seems running perfectly here with your lastest code.
here the link if you want to check.

This one is based on the regular de-raytracer, i've used the same keyframe as previously with the bulb.
i need to re-check on my side with eiffie gi render ...

http://ge.tt/80Yqi7l?c
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 04:08:48 AM »

wow that's quite the bulb! anim looks nice and smooth great!

I'm curious about how the interface feels compared to the original?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »

Hahaha! this is just a draft test nothing nice in that :p except the smooth camera move  A Beer Cup

To Answer to your question here a screenshot of the win gui, As you can see the sliders for me are an issue. they are very small and difficult to select.

EDIT: I think these changes come from the move to Qt 4.8.5, because i've the same result by building with the current fragmentarium sources. is there a way to change that?
-anyway, it's not a big deal right now wink

* Screenshot---07_07_2013-,-18_03_01.jpg (227.45 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 208 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:52:42 PM by vinz » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »

one question, since i can not test it out, if i understand correctly, right now just camera pathes are animatable?!
what about ANY parameter in a keyframe to be interpolated? sad

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »

Yes you're right ! for now only camera path !

i've asked also for dof and focus, the plan there :
http://www.fractalforums.com/fragmentarium/cat-mull-rom-spline-paths-cameraparameter-keyframes/msg63315/#msg63315
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:54:40 PM by vinz » Logged
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »

HAhahahahahah ! i've solved my issue ... dunno why all windows styles have the same problem.
i've found the way to force a style  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

by adding these lines in main.cpp

Code:
#include <QWindowsStyle>
#include < QCleanlooksStyle>

Code:
QApplication::setStyle(new  QCleanlooksStyle);
 cheesy cheesy

hahha now i've usable workspace...

* Screenshot---16_07_2013-,-18_37_20.jpg (239.74 KB, 1920x1080 - viewed 225 times.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:01:47 PM by vinz » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »

hmm, nice, as far as i see there are now 3 dudes developing the program, be sure to work in the repository wink))
to make it later available

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

that looks much better! Qt is nice that way, the style code is very hackable as you may have noticed from the items on my web site.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

vinz
Iterator

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »

hmm, nice, as far as i see there are now 3 dudes developing the program, be sure to work in the repository wink))
hahah yes but i'm not a programmer  grin

yes 3dickulus i've seen that wink nice work by the way
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »

my github page says only 2 contributors (me and he), Syntopias github page says 1 ... who's the third? have they forked/branched? got a link?

I will only put code into the repository when I have a working prototype, sometimes that will be a brute force implementation of an idea to be cleaned up later but it has to at least function and be useable, the fork I started has a couple of small bugs but it works and hasn't crashed my machine or segfaulted on me and with input from Vinz I'm pretty sure it won't crash a windows box, btw, tnx Vinz A Beer Cup

I have visible paths but they're kinda useless until I can get depth cues working and then, well, you are going to want to point and click to add control points and twiddle them around with the mouse to edit them and... well I'm not sure I'll get that far... in time, we'll see

can anyone demonstrate how to get GLSL raytraced object surface coords into the glDepthBuffer ? I'm on the right track but I think it's a bit more complicated than mapping the "dist" variable in the DErt to gl_FragDepth

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

eiffie
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »

I would just put the depth in the buffer and recalculate the coords from the camera position and ray direction. (Not really sure how you are using the info?)
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 12:07:13 AM »

I would like to have the GLSL object occlude the spline paths so...

render object, store depth buffer values, render splines... sounds simple enough

the depth buffer has a range of 0.0 - 1.0 while near/far is 0.001 - 100.0 (probably excessive but can be adjusted)
linear Z buffer = ( Z - nearZ ) / ( farZ - nearZ ) and non-linear Z buffer = ( 1/Z - 1/nearZ ) / ( 1/farZ - 1/nearZ )
OGL is non-linear I think ie:more resolution when near less when far

need to adjust the hit.xyz? values in a hybrid sort of way with xy as screen coords and z as depth buffer value?
or the distance/length requires transform and scale from eye to screen matrix ?

I'm not really sure about the GLSL side of things, input would be appreciated.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 11:39:43 PM »

HAhahahahahah ! i've solved my issue ... dunno why all windows styles have the same problem.
i've found the way to force a style  A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup A Beer Cup

by adding these lines in main.cpp

Code:
#include <QWindowsStyle>
#include < QCleanlooksStyle>

Code:
QApplication::setStyle(new  QCleanlooksStyle);
 cheesy cheesy

hahha now i've usable workspace...

just played around with that, great idea!, should be an option in preferences
you don't really need the include code (on linux) just one line
Code:
QApplication::setStyle("cleanlooks");
is enough to do it

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: