Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FRGMENTARIUM 3DICKULUS - Catmull-Rom spline paths ! camera/parameter keyframes !  (Read 33130 times)
Description: adding spline paths for smooth transitions between key frames
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

people, check out the full timeline feature that has now become a feature of synthclipse, i am working right now on animating kalis axolotl and it is working super nice to create animations (for current compo)
http://www.fractalforums.com/synthclipse/synthclipse-0-9-16-released/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »

I'm curious why you post this here ?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »

just because i want to promote the use of synthclipse wink wich now features catmul rom animation for every param

---

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »

nice!, I'll have to look at that, admittedly I haven't been following synthclipse very closely, just tinkering with Fragmentarium in my spare time.
just for fun here is an up to date list of the mods to Fragmentarium

Changes since v0.9.5

+ Stops playing/rendering at the end of animation.
+ Saves render "frames per second" as app setting so it gets set where you left it from the last run.
+ Time represented as frame ticks rather than floating point seconds.
+ Setting and saving camera spline path controlpoints as "KeyFrame"  presets. Menu item "Edit->Insert Command->Presets->Insert Preset From Current Settings" or hotkey "F8" (see tutorial 30)
+ Tests for user added AutoFocus checkbox in Raytracer tab, focalplane tracks target when enabled. (see tutorial 31)
+ Setting and saving In/Out easing curves for any/all single "Float"  parameter. Menu item "Edit->Add Easing Curve" or hotkey F7 (see tutorial 32)
+ Shows spline paths and controlpoints when in Progressive/Stop mode.
+ Toggle setting for spline rendering in case your projection or engine doesn't display them properly.
+ Camera follows spline path when in Animation/Play mode.
+ Camera follows spline path when in Animation/Stop mode when the time slider is moved.
+ When in Progressive/Stop mode the "view vector" connects points between the Eye and Target paths relative to frame number when the time slider is moved.
+ Displays current rendered frame when saving animation to disk so that if something isn't set right or didn't hookup the way you expected.
+ Ticks on TimeSlider representing keyframes
+ Saves current animation FPS and duration with default preferences settings on close
+ Syntax Highlighter fixed?
+ Calls for QTextEdit replaced with Fragmentarium::Gui::TextEdit() (our class)
+ Version sensitive GLSL source highlighter 1.0 - 4.4 defaults to 1.1
+ Using glsl.xml from http://renderingpipeline.com/2013/12/glsl-syntax-highlighting-for-opengl-4-4/
+ Added parenthesis highlighting
+ Animation switches from play to stop at the end
+ Uses QMatrix4x4 perspective and lookat
- glu library dependency removed (not needed with Qt5)
+ Now Float 1 -2 -3 -4 widgets can have easing curves
+ Easing curves can loop multiple times
+ Easing curve loops can ping pong
+ Tabs remember thier fragment and settings when switching.
+ Reworked the OutputDialog class so it uses a Ui file and now it remembers last state and allows for rendering a subset of total frames.
+ Reworked the Preferences Dialog class so it uses a Ui file
+ Added line numbers to editor and preferences flag to turn on/off.
+ Find text function Ctrl+F
+ Spline paths occluded by object
+ Added GPU asm browser displays vertex and fragment asm code of shader and buffershader
- ThirdPartyCode/glextensions.h removed (not needed with Qt5)

this year's contest should be pretty amazing with all of the great tools available to artists now cheesy

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »

and the download of your version is that in the first posting in this thread ?

indeed do have the artist real usable stuff now, for me i am fighting with some ridiculous render times of some of the global illum scripts, my plan was to create 4k videos, but i think i need to stick to "just" fullhd resolution for what i am aiming for ....

---

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »

yes, I made all links point to the page that hosts all downloads instead of posting links to different versions, so latest is on this page, let me know if any problems, I have been fiddling with the blocking rules on my server to prevent bots from repeatedly downloading the entire site.

4k vids? you will need network rendering and community support/participation, this is the next thing I want in Fragmentarium so I can have all of the machines in my network rendering in their idle time wink

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2015, 10:12:36 PM »

re:ping pong and spline curves for parameters....

this is the parameter morph interface in Fragmentarium cheesy applicable to ALL float 1-2-3-4 type parameters restricted to any range of frames looping as many times as you want, ping (forward) ping-pong (forward+backward), I edited the image so you can see all curve types available. (any Qt based app has the ability to apply animation (variable input) to any/all? Qt widgets)
edit: I haven't implemented the custom user created curve option... yet wink

* curves.jpg (120.78 KB, 569x994 - viewed 253 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »

ah, i see wink

how do you define the out easing otside area?!?!? that is a quite cool and useful tool, but i think i got it wrong and it defines the inner out/in easings

---

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2015, 01:13:22 AM »

hm not quite sure what you mean...

the red part of the range sliders determines the active area
the top one is for the value, using the start value up to the point where the frame range begins
as the time passes the start of the frame range the curve is applied for that range

a frame range of 10 for 2 ping loops will be active over 20 frames, ping-pong will be 40

the ping-pong part is not represented accurately in the gui but does work, maybe red/green/red/green to show loop cycles?

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2015, 02:41:31 AM »

the "outside" areas for the value, pre start uses start value until the frame range (in) begins, post fin uses the fin value for the frames after frame range (out) ends

ping-pong (it's been a while since I've done anything with this) ping = 1 cycle, increase loops to 2, ping-pong checkbox gets enabled, if checked, the total frames will increase but the slider only represents the duration of the first loop, so a 10 frame ping will end up being a 20 frame ping-pong

if you want to apply more than one type of curve to a var it should work by putting the curve setting into a keyframe preset, but I haven't looked at this yet and it does need some work to get a nice gui representation, I've been thinking of redoing the whole keyframe management part, a separate file full of keyframe presets with a manager/editor that parses this file and allows easy intuitive interaction.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2015, 09:40:12 PM »

Moving to Qt5 has allowed a few bugs in, at least one seems random (black screen, solution: close and run again (maybe twice)) and QEasingCurve + QLocale seem to be complaining a bit sad but some other things are progressing...

Snapshot running 3 instances, with small tile size, each rendering a range of frames, (you can see where this might lead) this only interferes with the desktop a little bit and they each seem to render just as fast as one instance cheesy and behaved very well during snapshot.

* 3Xfrag.jpg (227.75 KB, 1279x989 - viewed 274 times.)

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2015, 02:05:24 AM »

The spline interface looks great, great idea
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2015, 02:13:45 AM »

tnx LM smiley

the interface is entirely from Qt Examples, I didn't design it or do anything fancy other than patch it into Fragmentarium and add range widgets, the possibilities are infinite, so I settled on a good example wink it's original intention was to show the transitions and effects available for all Qt objects.

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Patryk Kizny
Global Moderator
Fractal Fertilizer

kizny
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Hey,

First of all, huge thanks for all your efforts on extending fragmentarium.
    I just downloaded the latest build: May 31 2015 / Fragmentarium-1.0.6-Qt_5_3_2_MinGW.
    Everything seems to work as expected, except for rendering:
    - The window buffer looks all fine.
    - The render outputs black or dark blue frames (depending on the shader)
    - It is the same regardless of the resolution and whether I want to export still or a sequence, happens also across .jpg and .png (did not try other formats)

Any ideas?

I am on Win 7 Ultimate x64, R9 280x

Visual Artist, Director & Cinematographer specialized in emerging imaging techniques.
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2015, 07:53:00 PM »

yes I have blackscreen but randomly, exit and restart fixes it but not needed every time or sometimes twice sad

I did manage to render this with the latest version
<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=129356171" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=129356171</a>
and this smiley

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: