Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 01:10:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Distributed rendering  (Read 1705 times)
Description: Split render job on several computers.
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« on: June 17, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »

I'm really grateful that we can use such a awesome program as MB3D free of charge.
I have a humble request for a feature letting us split the rendering job over multiple computers, would that be possible?
Sorry if this already been discussed earlier, I didn't find any relevant thread.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

I'm really grateful that we can use such a awesome program as MB3D free of charge.
I have a humble request for a feature letting us split the rendering job over multiple computers, would that be possible?
Sorry if this already been discussed earlier, I didn't find any relevant thread.

For single images, not possible - sorry.

But for animations, you can just make separate m3a files and allow each computer to render a chunk.

For the foreseeable future (from what I've heard), that's the extent of it.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: