Logo by miles - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 07:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Really big prints  (Read 1919 times)
Description: big print
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« on: June 05, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »

I have Another question regarding prints. have anyone experience of extremly big prints? Quality, prices, framing etc. I can think of two companies here in Sweden that can do that; Big Image http://www.bigimagesystems.com and Gigantprint http://www.gigantprint.se/
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »

what do you mean by big?  huh?
my definition of "big" excludes framing for example.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:05:12 PM »

Well big  - about 2-3m wide (see the links and you get the Picture). And with frame i'm not thinking of a frame around the edges but merely a supporting system, holding it up as a tenter frame(is that the word?)
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

this was never my specialty, but I worked more than a decade in the event business, and prints of that size are not so big there. the print on truck canvas cover itself is not the problem I guess and should be available for around 100,-€. A support system is the difficult task. a custom-made truss frame can easily cost a few thousand bucks. the solution with the best price/performance ratio is IMHO hem-stiching on top and bottom of the canvas like this

and a steel or aluminium tube inside. with a siple rope, you can tie this everywhere you want. The tube on bottom is neccessary for stabilization. Without it, your truck canvas would act like a flag. The hem stitching should be included or cost a small fee. the tubes you get in your local plumbing store - dunno how much, but not that expensive, I assume.

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:40 AM »

Thanks, that could work.  smiley
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 12:29:11 PM »

...or just use silver tape...  wink

Most printing companies can do 3 m wide images, the problem is the "height", which depends on the width of the printer.
I got this made at a local printing company and there is also "storbildsbolaget" in Sweden who prints building sized prints...

Sitting Duck
Navigator

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 01:11:21 PM »

Hehe, I like that use of "gaffatejp"!  grin
Btw, I wonder how good UV resistant that kind of print has. One would like the artwork to last a lifetime.  Azn
I've searched a bit and found that  a "Giclée Fine art" print using epson stylus pro with 11 inks, should last atleast 75 years.
I will investigate this a bit further and see if any of the local printshops can help me.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »

The prints me and bib got for the Värmlands museum exhibition will last for at least 70-100 years, that is baryte paper epson print...
Personally I like Epsons concept, it also assures that the print company only prints the amount of copies the artist ordered.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: