Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 07:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Use svg-graphics as shape in flame fractals: JWildfire V0.71 release  (Read 3528 times)
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:17 AM »

Just released JWildfire V0.71.

Again, this version comes with a truly amazing new feature: the ability to use svg-graphics as shapes in your fractals! To achieve this, there is a new “svg_wf” variation which works like a blur and accepts any svg-file as input.
To render svg files the powerful “SVG Salamander” library is used, which is also an open source project, see https://svgsalamander.java.net/ for more information).

Additionally, I redesigned the official logo, registered the domain  http://jwildfire.org and created an official forum http://jwildfire.org/forum/.

So you can expect the release of “the product”, i. e. JWildfire 1.0  soon!

Complete list of changes:
 - new “svg_wf”-variation which allows to use scg-graphics as shapes in flame fractals
 - file-dialog with preview for selecting svg-resources for the new svg_wf variation
 - svg-path-setting in the Preferences
 - JWFMovie-editor: turned the plain number fields into the more powerful JWildfire number fields
 - the background color can now be chosen using the default color picker
 - updated some links on the welcome screen, you can now reach the new forum here, for example
 - created a new JWildfire logo and included it in to new launcher and welcome screen
 - two new images for the launcher created by Norbert H.
 - subflames are now also supporting transparency
 - new option which controls what happens if you create a new random batch (clear the thumbnail strip, append the new flames at the bottom, or insert them at the top)
 - skipping comments in *.ugr files

You can download the new version at the projects web page: http://www.andreas-maschke.com/?page_id=351

Best regards and have fun :-)

vinz
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:26 AM »

Thanks u very for your great work !

i just put my hand for the first time on jwildfire, i'm very impressed by the quality of the interface and the worflow is very well designed.
There are a lot of cool ideas in your software.

keep going smiley

EDIT: i've played like a child with it all the night hahaha Grin with closed eyes , Amaizing...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:47:25 AM by vinz » Logged
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »

it is amazing, yes, the image import, the sound feature and the genetical development make it veeery much enjoyable!!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
vinz
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 01:29:44 AM »

Just to put the topic on top !

Again great work i'll follow you Grin with closed eyes
thargor6
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »

Thank you!  A Beer Cup :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: