Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 08:55:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How can I use Mandelbulb 3D's 3DNavigator in fullscreen ? & 2 other questions  (Read 475 times)
psYnfinite
Forums Newbie

« on: May 30, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

I'm new to mandelbulber: does anyone know how to use the 3DNavigator of it in fullscreen (or at least at another size) ?

I just the part in the readme about it - but wouldn't it be possible to simply stretch the output ?

Then where can I find the mathematical formulas in plain txt used for the fractals and is it somehow possible to create entirely new ones without having much knowledge of the maths (like combining or modifying existing ones) ?

And if I'd ever go about setting up an automated way for modifying the parameters of the formula and eventually things such as lightning what would be the best way of getting access to them ? Is there maybe some commandline interface or any way I could just have some plain-text parameters and get nothing but a png as output ?

Also the 3DNavigator somehow got to use other different lightning by now as seen in the screenshot below, how can I reset it to look exactly the same as the one on the main ?  
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »

Hello and Welcome to the forums   afro

I'm new to mandelbulber: does anyone know how to use the 3DNavigator of it in fullscreen (or at least at another size)?

Can't be done, sorry.  That would require Jesse to modify the program in a way he has not enough time for.  And Mandelbulber is not Mandelbulb3D!  They are two entirely different programs.

Then where can I find the mathematical formulas in plain txt used for the fractals and is it somehow possible to create entirely new ones without having much knowledge of the maths (like combining or modifying existing ones) ?

Again - not really possible.  Darkbeam has written new formulas for MB3D - but that requires not only a good understanding of the math, but they had to be written in Assembly language.  Not an easy task!

And if I'd ever go about setting up an automated way for modifying the parameters of the formula and eventually things such as lightning what would be the best way of getting access to them ? Is there maybe some commandline interface or any way I could just have some plain-text parameters and get nothing but a png as output ?

Not that I'm aware of.  MB3D does not work from plain text or command lines at all.

Also the 3DNavigator somehow got to use other different lightning by now as seen in the screenshot below, how can I reset it to look exactly the same as the one on the main ?   <Quoted Image Removed>

Sorry to disappoint, but yet again - not possible.  The 3D Navigator uses a totally different render engine than the main.  It will always produce different results.  It is mostly just for getting a general idea of what things will look like in a final render, and not a 100% accurate preview.

You get used to it, but MB3D uses it's own way of doing things, and there's not much room to change that.

It still produces wonderful results though!  Have fun with it   cheesy

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: