Logo by mjk1093 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 03:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: M3D to Mandlebulber parameters convertion  (Read 5582 times)
neosettler
Forums Freshman

« on: May 10, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »

Greetings,

Is there any known technic to get M3D parameters/presets as humanly readable?

And/or a converter of some kind which could lead to render M3D projects into Mandlebulber? I'm aware that it might not be possible in all cases but at least to render something similar.
Mihaly
Forums Newbie

Rose Red and Leafy Green - go figure

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »

Not sure how helpful this might be to you, but I can tell you that there is a way to export parameters into a so-called parameter file that is text-based, even though not "human-readable" it enables you to post a given location into an email, say, that you can then post to another user, and they can load them into the program using the cut & paste functions defaults (in Win, CTRL-C and CTRL-V). You probably already know this.

You would also know that the data itself is not easily "parse-able" in terms of obtaining values for the parameters, but it is possible to write them down to some extent by collecting them from the various tabs and boxes in the interface itself. I don't mean to be trivial here. Knowing to some extent what the "location" and values of scale etc. actually are can be helpful in trying to find something similar in the other program mbulber.

Because the programs work in entirely different ways and for various reasons, I don't think it's ever likely that a standard "formula" file type will be transferable easily between the two. I'm not a developer and I have preferences (see the other topic for MB3D vs MB issues, lots already said there...) so other than this I can't directly help you, but I would still recommend you post ocasionally fractals you have found, maybe someone else can suggest how to get that in the other program.

grin

the things we can't give away
but have no use for
hold every man back
for what they die for
taurus
Fractal Supremo

profile.php?id=1339106810 @taurus_arts_66
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:49 PM »

Hybrids should not be convertible, 'cause M3d and Mandelbulber have different approaches here, but here http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-software/rotboxes-mandelbulber-vs-abox-platinum/msg51114/#msg51114 you can learn how to convert Rotboxes by hand. IFS might also be convertible, but my knowledge is more than limited in this case. grin

when life offers you a lemon, get yourself some salt and tequila!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: