Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 11:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello from New Mexico  (Read 435 times)
Description: Happy to join the forum!
NexBend
Forums Newbie

« on: May 09, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »

Hello from NM! I'm interested in creating fractal zooms after going to First Friday Fractals in the planetarium. I have made a few by myself, but I am interested in the techniques of the pros.

I'm using Mandlebulb3d, VirtualDub and Xvid. I'm very interested in optimum settings for Mandlebulb3d to create high quality animations. 

My Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDchFBjEHtp5Sv0Yk0_D9Yw

Artistically, I'm inspired to explore the lighting and color settings of Mandlebulb and some new formulas! 

I'd love a link to any must-read threads! Thanks
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »

hello and welcome to the forums, aaah, you had the luck to visit "friday fractals" that reeeally makes me jealous!!!

as a starter you might take a look into the mandelbulb 3d section, there you  find some tutorials:
http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-3d/

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
NexBend
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »

Thanks cKleinhuis,

Nothing really compares to seeing a fractal zoom in the giant planetarium dome. But I'm having fun creating on my own!

Thanks for the link, I have picked up some useful nuggets of information from the few tutorials I've had time to watch.

Just wondering if dreaming about fractals is common, I can't get them out of my head!

haha not a bad problem to have  cheesy

NexBend
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: