Logo by Kaliyuga - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: result varies on different PC's  (Read 1158 times)
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« on: April 26, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm totally blown away by Mandelbulb 3d, it's almost an addiction  A Beer Cup
I played around with some parameters that i liked and wanted to render it on another computer so i saved the parameters as text and opened it but when i calculated it the result was not the same. where it looked smooth  and shiny on the first pc, it looked jagged on the other pc. How can it be like that, is there something i'm missing?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:12:09 AM »

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm totally blown away by Mandelbulb 3d, it's almost an addiction  A Beer Cup
I played around with some parameters that i liked and wanted to render it on another computer so i saved the parameters as text and opened it but when i calculated it the result was not the same. where it looked smooth  and shiny on the first pc, it looked jagged on the other pc. How can it be like that, is there something i'm missing?

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

It could be a different version of the program.  Sometimes that matters.

Or perhaps a light map not present on the new system?

Those are common.

Maybe it's something in the DE Stop.  If the image size was changed with the DE Stop + C button checked, it can change the look of some parameters.

There are many possibilities.  Hope that helps narrow it down.

Can you check to see if anything differs in the Camera settings or the Raystep Multiplier or any of the things near it?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sitting Duck
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »

I think I know what the problem is, one of the Formulas use a map that is missing on the other pc. Doh! :smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: