Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 11:58:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: fractal software related to architecture  (Read 1912 times)
Fractopia
Forums Newbie

« on: April 21, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

hey guys,

Is anyone familiar with a fractal software for architectural purposes?
I'm also looking for any pdf book file about Fractal Architecture...
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM »

hey guys,

Is anyone familiar with a fractal software for architectural purposes?
I'm also looking for any pdf book file about Fractal Architecture...

There is none.

In fact, there is no fractal architecture!

Just architecture that looks like fractals, and some fractals that look like architecture.

So you may have great difficulty finding reference for something that does not exist except in a purely superficial analogy, however many people have found architecture-like fractals in the Mandelbox  (the 2 most popular Mandelbox programs seem to be Mandelbulber, and Mandelbulb3D).  Even I have found some!

Here's a couple examples from Mandelbulb3D:

A go at a Facade;

Double Size (1600 x 1200): http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/facade.jpg

And a Golden Temple.

HUGE (3200 Wide!): http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/goldentemple.jpg

Both from Mandelbulb3D

And here's the old thread about Mandelbox Architecture:  http://www.fractalforums.com/mandelbulb-renderings/mandelbox-architecture/

Hope it helps, and good luck on your quest   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Fractopia
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »

thanks for the information..

but what if the architect creates the form by completely following fractal procedure and discipline? If that happens do you still believe there's no Fractal Architecture?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »

thanks for your reply,

I got a little bit confused, you're saying: there's no fractal architecture or there's no fractal program related to architecture?

I'm saying both.

The relationship between the two could be said to be coincidental.  There is a similarity in appearances between fractals and architecture - and there have been instances where architecture has used vaguely fractal techniques, but as far as I know there is nothing that actually meets the description you are seeking.

In fact, the images posted are not even solids!  They are very dense "point-clouds" which give the illusion of being solid.  Although if one gets down to the atomic level, I suppose the same is true of all macroscopic objects.

My point is that I seriously doubt you'll find what you are looking for and may need to create your own paper on the relationships.  There are surely relationships, but my point is that there is no 100% Direct correlation, and therefore no dedicated software or pdf files or anything that focuses on this topic as such.

Plenty of room to explore though!

Are the images I posted sort of what you are trying to create?

If so, I suggest grabbing a copy of the programs mentioned, find out which is better suited to your tastes by playing with them, then just exploring.

You may be surprised by what you find...

Have fun and good luck!

EDIT - heh, you edited your post while I was replying, but the spirit is the same.

Fractals have infinite depth and complexity, so I am actually saying that there is nothing in our world that is completely fractal that we can observe.  Just things that follow fractal patterns to a limited degree.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:01:06 PM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Fractopia
Forums Newbie

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

yeah, I saw the images...they're very complicated in forms and appearance...As you said: I have to start experimenting the program and to see what's waiting for me...
There's few books published about Fractal Architecture...I thought you guys might have any pdf file...because, none of the libraries around my place have any of them...
anyways, thanks for your time...  smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: