Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Why does this formula change between preview and actual render?  (Read 2245 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: April 18, 2013, 03:02:47 AM »

Recently I came up with this odd little object that looks somewhat like a spaceship, lol. Nothing fancy but I think it's cute and would like to spruce it up a little and use it in an image. It's a hybrid made with mulC3D and I don't know what, if anything, else (other than Integer Power of course). I didn't make any changes to the formula dialog that I recall. I think I messed with it in the julia settings in Navigation. The preview shows a high bailout, 5320, and DE stop is sitting at 20+.  When I start the render, the DE stop is adjusted much lower, so are some of the other settings, but I haven't done anything with the bailout number.

What really mystifies me is what happens when I try to render this image. It changes completely! Instead of the little "car," I get a lot of empty background and some 5 or 6 little objects that are reddish and orange in color (which you will see--probably--if you make a test render of my params). I don't understand that at all, I've never seen a set of parameters do this. I must have made a mistake somewhere, but I have no idea what it might be???

Here are the parameters, and an image of what it ought to look like is attached:

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
d.....S....O/...w....2....UwG3c/sUB2.5Ewxhqt823ETAn64xlLX.w1x5rlpCK2.nkPnhO6A1/k
................................aqaLJSBAp/oTt6Y9QXAh./..................y.2...wD
...Uz6.....I..../M.0/.....E6/...6/....E3.....M..bKBM/iiD/..........m/dkpXm1.nz/d
//....kD12../..........kzqAnAnAnAPzDnAnAnAnA1z1...........U0.....y1...sD...../..
.z1...sD6r2/nxY3fvH4si/UMq7iyEknUKA2zofj7k.833kTOufiCpW0pxvtyITqzO.boihDYWpjTqjo
0vH5/MbWe/lqyyuhrZaiuRiD......oY/.............sD.6....sD..E.....................
.............oAnAt1...sD3bk/xw1.........................................7....k1.
.....i53iz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6......U5.........m..........F....6/...I1.....S/52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E....6....E.....I....Y....kLhJ5P1B1F.o4QgJ4S/tqNgJqQ........................4MU/
..........kNaNaNaNapz.........wjAnAnAnAn/.oAnAnAnAHwzYNaNaNaNaxD........4.2.....
...qz0.......c/k........0.2.....................................................
.....................2.....3....9....oINiRKNmF1.Y7rPiZYFH/.PZB5.................
.......1Ak.1Ak...............U.E........kz1........wz.........yD........Uz1.....
................................................................................
................................}
{Titel: space ship}

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »

I get the same image as you with these params. The DE stop value (20) is very high, not an usual value (around 1 in general). If you decrease it you get those 8 little boxes, this is normal, because the high DE stop value means that the light rays are stopped quite early before they hit the fractal surface, hence creating that fuzzy spaceship shape. When you decrease DE, you approach the fractal surface closer, and the spaceships breaks into smaller parts, this is absolutely normal.

Edit: note that changing the image size has an impact on the DE stop value when the checkbox "DE Stop + C" is ticked (below the image size). For example if you double the image size, the DE stop value will be doubled too, to maintain the same image aspect.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:56:37 AM by bib » Logged

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »

I think the program should also scale the DEstop value according to the imagesize-change when clicking on the quality presets, if the 'DEstop+C' is checked...
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »

I think the program should also scale the DEstop value according to the imagesize-change when clicking on the quality presets, if the 'DEstop+C' is checked...

That's right. Actually I never use the Preview button so I did not notice that until now.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »

Very, very interesting! I noticed that really high DE stop too, don't know how it got like that...

Thanks so much! I'm learning a little more all the time, and MB and I are finally beginning to get on rather well together, most days  grin

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: