Logo by MarkJayBee - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 10:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Physical Fractal Column  (Read 2918 times)
Description: Suggested viewing from youtube after watching ChaosTV
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« on: April 05, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »

After enjoying one of the ChaosTV shows I seem to remember youtube giving this as a suggested view. ( At least I think so, my memory isn't the best and I did watch alot of youtube today. I'm hoping this isn't a video I was directed to from here allowing me to make a tit of myself once more by demonstrating my pathetic attention span) Anyways, I found the main project discussed in this video pretty amazing. The construction of their 'fractal column' is pretty damn inspiring. Thought maybe it could be worth a mention in the news?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsMCVMVTdn0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dsMCVMVTdn0&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
LMarkoya
Strange Attractor

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »

Interesting video and talk.....though i would call him out on a few items. He starts by saying one should forget all you know and have been taught, then immediately refers to Nature, using drawings by Ernst Heackel, which most of his forms follow to a certain degree. WHile I can love his forms, I submit there can be even much more fantastic forms by forgetting nature also, how about basing the folds on fluid dynamics, or airflow, or gravity. Many new forms lie out there....while his are great, they are just scratching the surface....and act to convolve his premise a bit
toxic-dwarf
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »

I agree, the details of his talk can be rather flaky at times, but it was the 'printed' column that really grabbed me. That thing is awesome in the true sense of the word.
eiffie
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »

As I recall someone had linked to the picture of his original column but this is a nice update. Thanks. Long way to go before we can live in an amazing box - but we'll get there.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: