END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 04:37:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbulb on my new laptop...creation much easier but rendering still slow!  (Read 296 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: April 01, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »

MB3D works fine on my new toy, creating images is a lot less of a hassle, even the Navigator is working a lot better! I still have quite a bit of organizing and setting things up so that I can access formulas, etc. but I'll get to that.

I created a passable image without a whole lot of trouble, but set the dimensions high in order to get it downsized later to a nice smooth resolution the way you other experts do (I am envious!!). I was told that it was "Out of memory, reset file size," so I did. I assumed that having 4 GB of Ram now would solve that problem, but it has not... Oh well.

The bigger issue is the same slow rendering time I have dealt with on my old desktop. This image was set up as a medium size rendering like my previous efforts. And Raystep Multi was set so that it wouldn't drag down the rendering time, as it will when set too low.  DE Stop was set low, as I have done recently with reasonably good results. Then I pushed the Calculate button and,...oh my... still that same sluggish render time.

I would be a little afraid to leave my laptop running for 8 or 10 hours straight. It's on electricity right now, I'm trying to save the battery. But still, I fear it will overheat...

Any thoughts, anyone? TIA

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: