Logo by mclarekin - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:46:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Changes when sending a navigation image back to "main"...how come?  (Read 343 times)
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« on: March 10, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »

I'm still very new to Mandelbulb 3D but I'm beginning to make some progress...I'm just slow, due to an old computer which I've described here before  embarrass

I haven't really come across this problem yet, but I've heard it described...without any clear answers as to how to fix it...

I've added an attachment below which shows clearly what the trouble is...I had what looked like a very cool "spooky" scene which could be in a cave (I'd be afraid to go in there!), and when I hit "view to main" all the details of the scary faces and stuff were gone! Just boring kind of flat walls that wouldn't scare a mouse,, lol

But why does navigation do that? Is there any way to make it NOT do that? How frustrating,...grrr... *mew*

TIA

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »

the realtime browser adjusts the rendering distances, sometimes it is to small/big for the quality render, but goodenough for the preview, check your render tab where the min distance can be adjusted

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »

Without parameters it is not that easy to tell, but for me it looks like overstepping, try a "Raystep multiplier" of 0.7 and see if those holes are in the main renderer as well.
The navigator works with a raystep multiplier of 0.7 and when "HiQual." checked with 0.35.
Is often useful to jusge roughly what multiplier you would need to not overstep to much.
chaos_crystal
Safarist

I Have No Limits.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:22:47 AM »

Hi there, Found my way back to this thread because I find that the problem described happens chiefly when I use the 360 panorama setting. Haven't noticed it too much otherwise if at all.

[/quote]
the realtime browser adjusts the rendering distances, sometimes it is to small/big for the quality render, but goodenough for the preview, check your render tab where the min distance can be adjusted

Without parameters it is not that easy to tell, but for me it looks like overstepping, try a "Raystep multiplier" of 0.7 and see if those holes are in the main renderer as well.
The navigator works with a raystep multiplier of 0.7 and when "HiQual." checked with 0.35.
Is often useful to jusge roughly what multiplier you would need to not overstep to much.

Tried that but it is still being stubborn! I've adjusted the Divers settings in the navigator, e.g. DE stop, max iterations, and that helped a little bit but my extremely cool navigator image only looks like a blob when it's sent to the main window...lol. I even tried turning off the DE Stop in the main window entirely. That resulted in a very, very grainy preview with a faint outline of the navigator shape I was trying to achieve...

Would it help to give you the params of the current image? Here they be:

Mandelbulb3Dv18{
d.....S....6/...I1...2A...EESOj1F.zxzyiA5QhzOTzjFVD8G16hLyvlv5U0B.mwz6dY5RJkjTzj
/.......6.A..........oAnAnAnAXyjaJ176Tnyb1IH2rd8BMKo./..................C/2...wD
...Uz.....kB..../M.1/................6E3.....gyAY8Z/CVbD/..........m/dkpXm1....E
//kAnAfD12..12UNaNaNaNq/.BnAnAnAnAvjnAnAnAnAfz1........wz.U0.....y1...sD...../..
.zXaNadD5fZXuRcxYtnVDlnfjfmMyO5aW9E9tCbjyvaytWHPotXWOpE5GWLHyOn.74IN8ZaDZp8GSpmt
TtPg32JpESURyyg6Eji6RbZD......21..............sD.6....sD..E.0...................
.............oAnAt1...sD9GA3y................................................k1.
.....i53iz1.......kz.wzzz1.U..6.P....U5...EB....m....c3....F....6/...I1.....SF52
...U.qFG9yzb2zzzRYoWzz7lz16.pc..zXCc..kvrEtMc7xD6ocyFE0ujz1..........2.28.kFrA0.
.Ub96aAIVz9.1se7Umvxz0........../EU0.wzzz1...........s/...................E.2c..
zzzz.............0...................2./8.kzzzD............8....................
/EU0.wzzz1...................................2CcN/UvNPcveeWCNq0.yRiibHJJUk1f..XR
SvBmx3CcN/UvNPcvQsLsUa3.ibhVi1bTV1OK.sSq4uCly3CcN/UvNPcvMwLsUa3.ibhVinqTV1OK.sSq
4uCkz3CcN/UvNPcv..EsUa3feeWCNqGQIJ36wk8EwyLsUa3f................................
E....2....E.....I....Y....EE0x4SKBpLdBKNi71.h/.RoE4...................k/........
0k.1.................7nAnAnAnAwDaNaNaNaNiz1...................zD........Uz1.....
.....cNaNaNaNawj................................................................
........................}
{Titel: asimpleabstract~}

I conceived and developed a new geometry of nature and implemented its use in a number of diverse fields. It describes many of the irregular and fragmented patterns around us, and leads to full-fledged theories, by identifying a family of shapes I call fractals.

— Benoit Mandelbrot
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: